Its been over a year now since I left my part-time gig at the casino and I still appreciate it when I know I don't have to give up my nights over the weekend. Especially a splendid looking one like this one coming up!
Friday, April 29, 2011
Monday, April 25, 2011
Did everyone have a good Easter? I assume you celebrate it. Its nowhere near my favorite holiday. We went out to an incredibly over-priced Easter buffet then came back with family to my house for drinks.
The weather was very warm, but made even warmer by how hot Mrs. Nouveau looked!
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Three posts in a row. Pretty good, huh? Actually, these past two were pre-written. I feel guilty when I don't post knowing both my readers are anxiously anticipating my next incredible witicism (did that come across as sarcastic?).
Anyway, I'm thinking of paring down my music on my phone. Lately, I've been skipping a number of songs. I'm not sure why, sometimes I'm just not in the mood for certain songs. And if I do it time and again, why is it on there?
Here's my next ten per the shuffle feature:
1. Lonely is the Night -- Billy Squier. I could see myself skipping that one time and again.
2. Just the Way You Are - Billy Joel. I have been skipping some of the BJ songs, even though I'm a huge fan and have most of his library loaded up. But that's never one of him. Someday I should post about what a genius BJ really is.
3. Get Naked - Methods of Mayhem. M of M is Tommy Lee's band and this is the only song I know. Its filthy but for some reason I find it fun. Even if it can't be listened to in mixed (any) company.
4. Get Stoned - Hinder. Love this band but somebody was done wrong. They have a lot of anger in their songs, but in a whimsical way, if that's possible.
5. Stairway to Heaven - Pat Boone. Did you read far enough to see Pat Boone. He did an entire album of hard rock/heavy metal in his own style/voice. I think its hysterical and its actually quite good music, considering a big band is playing rock. I thought my wife would think so too, but she thinks I'm nuts for spending the money and doesn't get it at all. We can't connect on everything I guess.
6. Breaking Inside - Shinedown. Another band I'm crazy about as I think I've mentioned in past posts.
7. Never Again - Nickelback. Kind of a fluff band, but fun and catchy.
8. No Leaf Clover - Metallica. This particular version is off the S&M album wherein they recorded with the San Fransisco Philharmonic Orchestra. Plenty of Metallica fans think they sold out doing a concert with and orchestra but I think its really cool. Heavy metal with horns and violas, cellos, violins etc. is really cool I think. I'm always a big fan of different versions of stuff I already like (see Pat Boone above).
9. I Am The Bulldog. Kid Rock. I'm starting to think I'm losing interest in KR. I used to like his stuff a ton, but I've been skipping it lately.
10. World of Fantasy - Triumph. Wow, this is kind of old school '80's rock. Triumph had a great 5 year run or so, but ended up on the lower rung of Canadian Rock Trios.
There's my 10. I'm always curious about what comes up. Your opinions?
Friday, April 22, 2011
My mom has taken to commenting on Facebook posts. Now I don't post much, but sometimes something sweet and short will strike my fancy and I'll post it. God knows why, though. So, my mom corrected my grammar in one, then, totally didn't get the joke that I was making.
I didn't have the energy to explain the joke, but I commented back that if we're going to start correcting spelling and grammar in Facebook, we're in for the long haul. Among others, my wife's cousin has YET to spell a word correctly. And don't even get me started on her grammar.....
So I promised my mom I'd do better and she said "thanks honey". Oh brother
Speaking of brother, my brother made a politically incorrect comment. He called himself a 'tard in one of his posts. My mom called him out on that by pointing out how non-PC that was. Unfortunately, he's not one to pick and choose battles. He always has to get into it with her.
I'm not quite sure my mom gets Facebook. Frankly, neither do I but in a different way.
Should we "unfriend" her? Nah, the ramifications of that would be too severe.
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Really, almost a month since I posted? Yeef.
I think a lot of guys share my attraction to Tina Fey. She's so.....cute! And a comedic genius too. Below is something I stole off the internet somewhere. Funny....and poignant.
Tina Fey's Prayers for Her Daughter
First, Lord: No tattoos. May neither Chinese symbol for truth nor Winnie-the-Pooh holding the FSU logo stain her tender haunches.
May she be Beautiful but not Damaged, for it’s the Damage that draws the creepy soccer coach’s eye, not the Bea......uty.
When the Crystal Meth is offered, May she remember the parents who cut her grapes in half And stick with Beer.
Guide her, protect her --
When crossing the street, stepping onto boats, swimming in the ocean, swimming in pools, walking near pools, standing on the subway platform, crossing 86th Street, stepping off of boats, using mall restrooms, getting on and off escalators, driving on country roads while arguing, leaning on large windows, walking in parking lots, riding Ferris wheels, roller-coasters, log flumes, or anything called “Hell Drop,” “Tower of Torture,” or “The Death Spiral Rock ‘N Zero G Roll featuring Aerosmith,” and standing on any kind of balcony ever, anywhere, at any age.
Lead her away from Acting but not all the way to Finance. Something where she can make her own hours but still feel intellectually fulfilled and get outside sometimes And not have to wear high heels.
What would that be, Lord? Architecture? Midwifery? Golf course design? I’m asking You, because if I knew, I’d be doing it, Youdammit.
May she play the Drums to the fiery rhythm of her Own Heart with the sinewy strength of her Own Arms, so she need Not Lie With Drummers.
Grant her a Rough Patch from twelve to seventeen. Let her draw horses and be interested in Barbies for much too long, For childhood is short – a Tiger Flower blooming Magenta for one day – And adulthood is long and dry-humping in cars will wait.
O Lord, break the Internet forever, That she may be spared the misspelled invective of her peers And the online marketing campaign for Rape Hostel V: Girls Just Wanna Get Stabbed.
And when she one day turns on me and calls me a Bitch in front of Hollister, Give me the strength, Lord, to yank her directly into a cab in front of her friends, For I will not have that Shit. I will not have it.
And should she choose to be a Mother one day, be my eyes, Lord, that I may see her, lying on a blanket on the floor at 4:50 A.M., all-at-once exhausted, bored, and in love with the little creature whose poop is leaking up its back.
“My mother did this for me once,” she will realize as she cleans feces off her baby’s neck. “My mother did this for me.” And the delayed gratitude will wash over her as it does each generation and she will make a Mental Note to call me. And she will forget. But I’ll know, because I peeped it with Your God eyes.
Yeah, its more of a female point of view, but still works, no?