BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Weird?

Besides the fact we are not telling anybody about the pregnancy yet, there are a few "non-communication" items that strike me as weird. But I'm sure we'll address them soon enough.

We recently moved The Little One into the bigger bedroom at great labor and some expense. Then at minor labor and great expense we have begun to transform the smaller bedroom into a "craft room" for Mrs. N. Paint, desk, tons of storage, etc. We've only briefly touched on what we're going to do with the new baby. Its a 3-bedroom house. I suppose she (it will be a girl, right?) could go in TLO's room or even the craft room until she's big enough to need her own space. But then we have to figure something out. But we haven't discussed it at all.

We've only recently begun talking about childcare. After TLO was born I was shelling out $246 per week for two years. I can't do that again. We were crippled by it. Plus I spend $133 every two weeks for after school care. As a toddler we moved her into a different program that was quite a bit less. But we make way too much money for her to qualify (we did then too, but they pulled some strings because Mrs. N works in the that field). So we have to figure something out along those lines. Hopefully, they can pull some strings again.

Lastly, we haven't even mentioned names. No big deal. There's plenty of time for that. I think in Mrs. N's head she wants to be "sure" by waiting until she's a few months along before allowing for the excitement of planning. Hence the reason we're not telling anybody - although her best friend knows now due to some extenuating circumstances.

Interesting, too, that Mrs. N. came into the bedroom on Mother's Day to show me the pee strip that said "pregnant". Mother's Day of all days. How cool is that?

2 kind commenters:

Radioactive Tori said...

Even if it is a boy, they can share a room for quite a while if you wanted/needed them to. My boy/girl twins are 9 and while they do each have their own room, my son's room is used more as a guest room because he never sleeps in his room. For a while my 3 older kids put all their beds in one room and shared. My 11 year old wanted her privacy starting about last year.

Babies are so exciting! I think it totally isn't weird that you haven't talked aout all of that yet. Plenty of time, right? For now just enjoy the excitement of it all. I am so happy for you!

Would your baby be due around January then? I have two January babies (not the twins).

NouveauBlogger said...

Right, there's not reason they can't share for a while. I would bet The Little One would want it that way.

And, yes. I'm thinking January as well. We'll know more on the 27th for the ultrasound.