BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 3, 2010

Time Flies

Number One Son is now over 3 months old and starts preschool on Tuesday. Mrs. Nouveau has already shed a tear or two about that. For some reason these "stepping stones" don't affect me in that way. Classic difference between men and women I guess.

In any event he's growing like crazy. He's basically all smiles and wonderment. Never fussy for more than a few seconds but incredibly wiggly and curious about all that surrounds him. Makes for an easy and fun baby, for sure.

My other one is growing like a weed too. I noticed all the kids at her bus-stop had done so. Amazing how fast kids can grow in 3 shorts months when you havent' seen them. She's a third-grader now. Nearly an upper-classman at the K through 5 elementary school. She's sassy and stubborn and even moody at times. But damn near perfect! And she's kicking my ass at ALL the Wii games except for golf. That seemed to happen over night.

The Mrs. has been home since May 19 and returns to work on Tuesday. She's not looking forward to going back. I hope from this, she realizes that the place survives without her. She doesn't need to be there until 7 or 8 at night so often.

In other news: Hurricane Earl is heading up the East Coast but probably won't impact us too much since it will stay far enough east of here.

My team won a golf tournament yesterday in the 98 degree heat. That was cool and HOT at the same time. I couldn't even drink beer it was so hot.

We've now had 33 days over 90 degrees this summer. Second hottest all time. Sort of looking forward to fall at this point.

3 kind commenters:

Misfit in Paradise said...

Good to see you again. And based on today's temperature, fall is definitely on the way.

Radioactive Tori said...

I'm so glad you posted! I was wondering how everything was going. I'm glad to read it is going well!

NouveauBlogger said...

Thank you both. I just haven't had too much exciting stuff to post about.