BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 24, 2008

My First Car


My first car - a 1973 Chevy Vega - except it was red and a hatch-back (pix of non-souped up ones are hard to find on the internet). I completed it with a Vice-Grip-replaced window crank, pin-stripes, Pioneer Super-Tuner III Stereo system (digital display which was sooooo cool in 1982 - worth more than the car, no doubt), wire clothes hanger muffler support and simulated sheep-skin seat covers.

What was your first car?

5 kind commenters:

Skeeter said...

Mine was a beat to hell, 1972 ford pickup. No, not the nice ones with the engine, but the one we used on the farm that had manure and hay in the back of it most of the time. [Insert bitter, bitter scarcasm] Yep, I was *real* successful on dates.

Skeeter

NouveauBlogger said...

lol - I can imagine.

Radioactive Tori said...

I don't remember what kind mine was but I do remember that I was dating a mechanic at the time and the only reason I was ever able to drive it was because of him and all his little tricks to make it work. I remember being scared to drive it very far because there were no cell phones at that time, and I was always worried it would break down. I remember smoke pouring out of the hood once at a stoplight and other cars sort of quickly moving away from me. It didn't seem to mean anything was wrong with it, it just happened sometimes. Ah memories.

NouveauBlogger said...

ah! Smoke from under the hood is always good for some strange looks.

Constance Burris said...

I had a piece of crap Black Chevy Beretta. It was A piece of S*it. But it was powerful. I can't wait until they release the model again. I think I'd buy it, even though I don't trust Chevy's.