BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Boy-O-Boy

Yup.

Gonna be a boy. We found out a few weeks ago. I'm good with that but then I would have been good with another daughter too.

Presently, I'm in naming negotiations with my wife and daughter. My daughter's name was easy. We had it picked out 10 years before she was born and although it slowly became more common, but we stuck with it. She has probably 4 nicknames that have nothing to do with her given name too.

As to Junior* my last name doesn't allow for some common boy names and my daughter's name (in my opinion) doesn't allow for "yuppie" type names - since she has one it would seem too much to have another (am I over-thinking this?). Some of my wife's suggestions I've found not enticing at all. Of course, we've had fun with some crazy names as well. Recently I threw a new name in the mix as did my daughter and our original boy name for our daughter is still alive, but on life support. I could live with the Little One's suggestion - and I suspect that may win in the compromise - but none of my wife's suggestions so far grab me at all.

Sesame Street, pop culture and cartoons have further limited our selection. Surely, we can't name our son Kermit, Phineas, Magic, Ferb, Damien, Grover, Kramer, Slash or Dr. J.

At least we have 4 months to figure it all out. Any suggestions for me?

*** No, I'm not going the "junior" route - I really, really don't like that - no offense to those that have done it but it seems to me to say "I'm so great I named my kid after me" - plus all the credit report confusion it creates ***

3 kind commenters:

Misfit in Paradise said...

I am a fan of Russian history (hence my kids Anastasia and Tatyana) so I have to suggest Alexander.

Radioactive Tori said...

Naming kids is hard stressful work!

When my brother was born, my parents let me name him. I named him after my "boyfriend" (I was 6 so it wasn't a real boyfriend, obviously, just a boy I thought was cute).

I let my oldest help pick the twins names, we said a few boys names and a few girls names and let her choose which one out of our possibles. We did the same thing with our last baby, but all the kids had to agree.

Now I am dying to know your daughter's name and also the possibles for your son.

Congratulations though, no matter what you name him. I have been meaning to ask how everything was going but since you haven't mentioned it lately I was sort of worried to ask.

NouveauBlogger said...

Misfit: I rather like Alexander but there's a couple Alex's in the family and one next door, so.......but thanks for the suggestion.