BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Inked


I got myself an early Christmas present. I got another tattoo. A few years back I posted about the one I had done to honor my daughter. I even mentioned at the time that if I had another child I would get one to honor him.

So I did.

Last Friday I took a 90 minute lunch and a terribly nice guy did the artwork based on an idea I had drawn up years ago. However, I don't remember the other two hurting like this one does. Its still sore but I totally dig it so it was well worth it!

Now, my wife is not huge on tattoos. When I came home to tell her I had new work done in the name of our son, she genuinely seemed excited to see it. And when I showed her she said she really liked it. That meant a lot to me.

Its the Chinese symbol for "family" with my son's initials.

(its still a litle scaley)


Then last weekend, we went to visit my parents for the holidays. While my mom would never lecture me about something such as that I just didn't want to deal with it. She didn't go wild about my others. I don't remember the comment, but there definitely was one. Again, I just didn't want to deal with it. Do you know what I mean?

We really had a terrific holiday visit and I think moms think of their kid's bodies as their own. So I guess that's why I usually reveal it on my own terms and that didn't seem like the time. She knows of my other two and she can find out about this one too; eventually.

Funny, though, Friday night my brand-new tattoo stained her sheets! Like ink and blood stains. Evidently, I rolled over onto my side and stayed there a while. Therefore, a direct mirrored replication of the tattoo was on her sheets.

Guess what we did? Tell her? No. Clean it? Nope. We bought new sheets even though they don't quite match. Knowing my folks, my dad will probably change the sheets and I can't imagine he'd notice. But if they realize, they may think my dog, wife, or child had an accident. I wonder in any event but we found it funny, our little caper.

Then I decided to cut out the swatch of fabric from the sheets we stole and scrap book it for my little guy. Who knows, maybe it will mean something to him some day.

2 kind commenters:

Radioactive Tori said...

I love it! That is hilarious about buying new sheets. My mom doesn't know about my second one and I don't think I am ever going to tell her. She got so upset about the first, going on and on about "how could you do this to me?" and actually crying. I felt bad but not bad enough to stop me from getting a second one.

My kids and I were talking the other day about tattoos. My older son is pretty creative and draws all the time. I told him that if he drew something super cool for me, I would get it and his name somewhere. All the kids heard and want to make something for me. I did say the offer was open to any of them and there was no time limit but that I have ultimate say over whether or not it goes on my body. They have been drawing like crazy trying to get something I won't say no to. We'll see.

NouveauBlogger said...

Thanks! Glad you like. Of course, photos of tattoos dont always do them justice.

My mom's not nearly as dramatic as yours about it, but there definitely was a vibe, lol.

And that's a great idea having your kids design something. Where would you put it?