BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Meme

Skeeter had a good idea for a meme. If I understand correctly, there is a list of "life events" and we are to put our music player on shuffle and list the song/artist that came up in order of the life event. So off my phone MP3 player (alas, only 214 songs) I'm playing along by putting it on shuffle and seeing where the shit lands.

Opening Credits: Waste by Staind. Staind is actually a local band to me and I remember them playing mostly cover songs at clubs. Aaron Lewis is in the upper echelon of "angst" lyricists I should think.

Waking Up: Bridge by Queensryche. I find Q to be a pretty good story-telling band and Bridge tells of an absentee father trying to pry his way back into his estranged son's life but the son feels his dad never built the bridge. Waking up, indeed.

First Day of School: Civil War by Guns N' Roses. A good lesson for the first day of school, no? I love the opening spoken word part sampled from the movie Cool Hand Luke. "What we have here, is failure to communicate". Plus, Slash is a kick-ass guitarist.

Falling in Love: Last Resort by Papa Roach. Damn! I surely think falling in love is not a "Last Resort" nor that it will "Cut my life in pieces." So far it seems I like a lot of angry songs.

Breaking Up: Like the Way I Do by Melissa Etheridge. A damn near classic rock song. Breaking up? Remember, "nobody loves you like the way I do".

Prom: Devil Without A Cause by Kidd Rock. Not quite sure how this would play into the prom, but Rock does a great job mixing rap with classic rock riffs, doesn't he? Turn up that kicker box too!

Life's Okay: Back in the Saddle (Live) by Aerosmith. Yep. Climb back on that horse. Life IS okay.

Mental Breakdown: Mouth by Bush. "Nothing hurts........like.......your MOUTH". So many of Bush's songs are simple little four power chord songs but they just grab me!

Driving: You Learn by Alanis Morisette. If one's driving through life, I suppose you do live and learn.

Flashback: Carry on Wayward Son by Kansas. That song certainly makes me flash back!

Getting Back Together: Ends by Everlast. Well, I'm not sure how the ramifications of drug addiction ties into this topic but its a way cool song.

Wedding: What If by Creed. Okay, I don't like what songs are coming up for my "Falling in Love" and "Wedding" categories nor do I like that Scott Stapp couldn't keep his shit together and have this band still pumping out awesome music. Alter Bridge is okay, but its no Creed.

Birth of a Child: Call me the Breeze by Lynard Skynard. Ummmmmm......

Final Battle: You Could Be Mine by Guns N' Roses. Since I always think of Terminator 2 when I hear this song, I guess it fits.

Death Scene: Shimmer (Acoustic) by Fuel. Another one I don't get how it plays into this.

End Credits: Change by Staind. This started with Staind I guess it can end with Staind.






5 kind commenters:

minijonb said...

i love this meme. i should probably do it again.

NouveauBlogger said...

Yeah you should, although I probably won't know any of your songs, lol

Skeeter said...

A very interesting selection there Nouveau. You're absolutely right about the Aerosmith. Life is good. Nothing like a solid three or four chord anthem to get the blood pumping too.

Radioactive Tori said...

With the exception of Alanis (who I tried to like and just don't) we like exactly the same music. I love this meme. I have seen it a few times and it is so interesting to see what people have.

NouveauBlogger said...

Yeah, I think we do. You should do this meme then.