BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Campfire Stories

So, while camping over Labor day the women were comparing the trucks they came up in. Something along the lines of this one is more comfortable than the old one eventually swinging the conversation toward their own everyday vehicles which morphed into options such as leather, heated seats.

With me still?

Okay. Good. Pay attention, there may be a quiz later.

I innocently mentioned that I didn't care for heated seats since I found them too h0t and who wants to get all sweaty on their ass, right? None of the women saw my point and commenced to telling me how crazy I must be. My wife then volunteered that heated seats are simply the best when fighting "the cramps" and all the women present practically gave her a standing ovation in agreement and I suspected a "you go girl" was next. Oprah would have been proud.

Feeling slightly attacked for a mere opinion, I responded, "You know, one hundred years ago you'd be fighting the cramps on some horse and now you can't live without heated, leather seats?" The only other guy present for this entire exchange, one who shares my humor, laughed hysterically and repeated "You are so right! That's great!" I half-expected a "you go boy" from him, but his support was encouragement enough.

The women, on the other hand, were not amused.

It sucks to be outnumbered.

2 kind commenters:

Radioactive Tori said...

I'm horrible at quizzes (remember my put on the spot issue?) so I'm happy there really wasn't one at the end.

I am always freezing cold, so heated seats are nice. My husband on the other hand rented a car once with cooled seats and said he would take those over heated any day.

I never had heated seats when I still had a uterus (TMI? you started it with the cramp talk though) so I have no idea if they would be good for that but it sounds like it would be just like a heating pad and thus helpful. But I am a woman so of course I am siding with them on this.

NouveauBlogger said...

Nope, no quiz, lol.

And cooled seats sound better to me too, although perhaps that's overkill? Maybe if it was black leather I guess.

And....I can't stand heating pads or electric blankets as well. Perhaps I run too warm for such things. :)