BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Creating Jobs

A big political platform, naturally, is job creation. From what I've seen and heard lately the politicians are absolutely creating jobs. Somebody has to make those little signs held up by thin wire posts. The pin manufacturing guy is helped out as is the sticker making company. Lest we forget, the bulk-mailing companies and associated print-shops. Then of course, there's the media experts who film the commercials and the salepeople who sell the radio and TV airtime.

Linda McMahon, the former CEO of the WWE is running for Senate here in Connecticut. Short of being a businesswoman I really haven't seen any credentials indicating she is up for the job. But, she did pledge to spend $50 million to win the seat! We can debate the virtues of ultra rich people buying political posts but, hey, that $50 million went somewhere, didn't it? Much of it paid someone's salary. Way to go Linda!

I voted. Please do so if you haven't. Its flawed of course, but its the best government system in the world!

Now, please - I beg you - no more ads!

2 kind commenters:

Misfit in Paradise said...

I voted! It didn't work out quite the way I hoped but I did vote. And now I can celebrate the ads are over!

NouveauBlogger said...

Same here!