BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Was I Wrong?

I've mentioned how I have a Facebook account but I'm not really into it. I check up on it twice a week or so to see if anything interesting has been posted but usually I find nothing has. Of course, I rarely post anything.

But yesterday, I thought I'd post the cutest picture of my 6-month-old son. I mean, "stop-you-in-your-tracks" cute! He's in a friggin suit and tie and looks like a Senator! Its great! But less than 15 mintues after posting it my sister-in-law (who claims she's not on Facebook much but most certainly is) posted the picture was on her page and used the exact same comment I had about the picture; "Ready for my first job interview" or something like that.

There was no sinister agenda on her part for sure, but I was kind of miffed. I only have like 25 Facebook friends and she's friends with most of them! I felt some of my thunder was stolen. One posts for comments right? Now if everybody sees it on her page first ---

I sent her a text about "stealing my post" and she kind of challenged me about it which irked me more to a level than miffed. After a slow to come around apology, that seemed insincere, she asked me why it bugged me. Well, perhaps I sound immature but it was my post of my kid on my page of my picture.

Today I've softened my stance and sort of wish I didn't say anything. I know she loves it and wants her friends (who aren't mine) to see it too, but am I asking too much that she not post it moments after I do? She could put the picture in her folder and I wouldn't care or even if she posted it a day later. I just wanted to revel in the comments at least for a bit.

But the main reason I have second thoughts is I received comments and she didn't. Now it seems as if I made a big deal of nothing. It wasn't that big a deal. I probably should have kept my mouth shut.

2 kind commenters:

Misfit in Paradise said...

Did you tell her exactly what you put here? I'm sure that would help her to understand.

NouveauBlogger said...

Yes, I did. Its unclear to me whether she got it or not, lol.