BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Great News

I haven't gone into too much detail about it in blogspace, but I've touched on the fact that my mom has terminal cancer. Basically it is everywhere in her body, but the most debilitating part is it is in/on her spine. The diseased cells weaken the bone to the point where she has tiny cracks in the vertebra which could turn into breaks or worse, paralysis, should she fall or get hit by something. Obviously, she's living a careful existence but still living her life to the fullest her health will allow.

Her latest scans show the bones are actually stronger than they were during her last scan only a few months ago. Consequently, she called over the weekend to announce that she is feeling so much better lately that she will travel to stay with me for Christmas! Of course, she acts like its such a burden on us and it can be tedious convincing her that its our pleasure to have them. So, my parents will be down from Saturday through Christmas unless something unforeseen changes things.

Two years ago I wondered if that might be her last Christmas with us. Then last year I wondered it again. Perhaps I should stop wondering. She's too much of a fighter.

Can't wait until Saturday, mom. We all love you and my baby girl is overjoyed to see her Grammy and Grampa!

4 kind commenters:

Radioactive Tori said...

What great news!

My mom always is the same way with "not wanting to bother us" so much that it actually becomes a bother to keep reminding her that we WANT her here and that she is welcome to spend time with us.

ZZZZZZZ said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! I wish you guys the best. I'm glad she isn't letting this get her down and is still living her life. I know a few people who, if they had her condition, would just lay around and wait to die. Kudos to your mom. She'll be in my thoughts.

Skeeter said...

That's great that you can share the holidays with your parents. Best wishes to you and yours for Christmas and the new year!

NouveauBlogger said...

R-girl -- Thanks. And that's EXACTLY how I feel, lol.

Sheila -- Thanks you for your thoughts.

Skeeter -- Thank you as well. And to you and yours!

:)