BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

1st Day

The Little One started school today. Her confidence and excitement made it so much easier for my wife and I. She'll be fine, of course, but we were understandably nervous for her being that she's boarding a bus for the first time and has to learn a whole new system of things as well as a new school and new teacher.

We thought she'd be scared. But she wasn't. She was excited and anxious to start her new adventure.

So when the time came, she bravely stepped onto the bus, turned to wave and off she went. My wife and I walked the few hundred yards back to our house and I was surprised there were no tears from the wife. We kissed quickly and off to work we went happy that our courageous little soldier was embarking on another milestone in her life.

Minutes ago, I learned my wife didn't go directly to work though. She admitted to me she was a "dork" (her words) and followed the bus to the school to make sure The Little One disembarked and made it safely into the building. Then she cried a little.


4 kind commenters:

Skeeter said...

First day of school is rough for all involved.

Best wishes to you and yours,

Skeeter

NouveauBlogger said...

Right, the kid was fine. The wife wasn't so much, lol.

Radioactive Tori said...

I keep saying I am having a much harder time than my kids this year. I don't know why, they are in 5th and 3rd grade so I have been doing this a while but I think the realization that we will never be all home with them as babies again is finally setting in for me. My youngest is going to Kindergarten next fall, so I will probably be worse next year!

The little girl I used to watch sounds a lot like your little girl. She was so excited and happy about everything. I told her dad I wanted to just keep her here forever because everything I suggested we do was greeted with such enthusiasm. She waved to me like crazy from the bus the first day and just had such an excited ready for school look on her face. Sounds similar to your daughter on her first day on the bus.

I love that your wife followed the bus! Sounds like something I would do!

NouveauBlogger said...

I think it'd be cool if THEY'D grow up, but we didn't have to get any older, LOL.