BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Manfred Mann Revisited

I'm in the middle of week 4 of my running program. So far so good. However, I'm not complaining about how easy it is. Its gotten much tougher. I still feel like I'm barely moving but am proud I've stayed on regiment and that I've remained healthy. Injury has been mainly responsible for derailing my training in recent years. I hope I'm over the hurdle.

I googled my name too to find race results since they're available online since about 2001. I found:

11/12/00 - 8k -- 38:31 (7:46 pace)
5/21/00 - 5k -- 21:45 (7 minute pace)
4/8/01 - 5k -- 22:58
5/22/03 - 5mi -- 40:17 (8:04 pace) I remember that race had a HUGE hill and was killer.

Those are recent results. I have run a sub 20 minute 5k that I remember and I've run decent 10ks when I was much younger.

One thing I know. If I do finish the marathon in October, it will be a personal best. I've never gone that far.

4 kind commenters:

Radioactive Tori said...

WHEN you finish the marathon. Not IF!

And I can't wait to hear about it!

NouveauBlogger said...

Yes. You're right. WHEN I finish.

Skeeter said...

Hi Nouveau,

It is quite a goal tho to go through all the miles of a marathon, but you're getting cloeser and closer.

Best wishes,

Skeeter

NouveauBlogger said...

Thanks Skeeter -- 42 more weeks to go, LOL

Holy Crap! That's a long time.