BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Soccer Can Be Exciting

My wife says the soccer game kept her up most of the night. Not the one on TV, but the one in the attic. We have critters.

From time to time we've had mice which I've gotten rid of only to have them return within a year or two. But the soccer match in the attic? These mice are taking performance enhancing drugs. Or. Not. Mice? Perhaps they're bowling. If I hear cheering, pins falling and beer glasses clinking, then I'll be really upset. They should invite their host, right? Either way, they will need to take their extra-curricular activities elsewhere.

When mama's not happy, the house isn't happy.

So I manned up. The job calls for a guy (so I"m told) Went to Lowe's and bought the Havahart traps (I can't snap things necks - doesn't sit well with me - man point deduction I suppose) and am embarking on our little biological experiment. I tediously set the larger-than-necessary trap in case its a squirrel, oppossum, badger, bear or Yeti.

If only Steve Irwin was still with us to help. Anyone have Bindi's number?

5 kind commenters:

Radioactive Tori said...

I can't remember where you live, but my parents live in New York and have flying squirrels in their attic all the time.

They had a mouse in their kitchen too, and my dad DID buy the snapping traps. Not only that, but he knows how sad it makes me to hear about animals dying so he sent me a picture of the mouse in the trap with no warning. It was quite a shock when I opened my email that morning!

Good luck getting rid of whatever it is...didn't you have some other critter just recently outside? I'm going to have to read back now because I definitely think it was you.

Radioactive Tori said...

all right, I found what I was thinking of...the bread that the birds were fighting over.

NouveauBlogger said...

I'm in CT. What was he thinking when he sent photos of dead animals exactly?

Radioactive Tori said...

My dad has sort of a cruel streak or maybe lacks the thing that tells you when a joke has gone too far or isn't funny but just mean. He thought it was funny to make me all sad about the dead mouse. I think I have said before that when I was little I was terrified of my dad...does this explain any of that?

NouveauBlogger said...

I suppose it does :)