BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Golf Clubs

I went into Golfer's Warehouse over the weekend to have the grips on my clubs replaced and check my lie angles for any necessary adjustments. The service guy told me my clubs were really, really worn out in that the grooves on the face were nearly gone. I do hit a ton of balls but I didn't really notice. However, it was obvious after comparing them to new ones. After I inquired about what to look for, he proceeded to show me clubs he thought were perfect for me. I hit them and liked them and all that but I was waiting for the kicker; price.

Guess what? He sold me the least expensive clubs in the store (I would have gladly paid much more - these are a last year's model too) and provided documentation showing how that particular model is as good as any other in the store and how converting my 3 and 4 iron to semi-hybrids and changing my shaft flex would immediately help my game. He was so excited for me, that it was infectious.

Then he said he'd give me an additional 20% discount if I didn't mind the demo set. Hell, they'd be "demos" in my bag after hitting them once. So I agreed.

So I went for it. I bought them then and there. But he couldn't find the club head covers for the demo set so he ended up giving me the brand new, boxed set for the demo price since I had already paid.

I'm sort of an impulsive purchaser at times, but lately I've been taking care to do my research. But I just trusted this guy right away. I really felt he was looking for me, not store profits. Yet, I was worried how much he might have "played me". Perhaps he was just a great actor.

Turns out he was dead on that they were perfect for me as far as I could tell from three trips to driving range (great weather past few days). And....I couldn't find the clubs within $250 of the price I paid at Amazon.com or anywhere else online.

I'm a pretty happy camper!

Bring on Spring now.

3 kind commenters:

Radioactive Tori said...

I love when things like this happen! That is awesome!

My boys are starting golf lessons next week and are very excited.

NouveauBlogger said...

And THAT is awesome that they're gonna be playing! Does your husband play? Or you?

Radioactive Tori said...

My husband does, I don't. I tried really hard to get the girls to take lessons too but they are content with tennis.