BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Random Sounds

I hit "shuffle" and here are 10 Random Songs from my Blackberry:

1. Can't Fight this Feeling - REO Speedwagon

Lol - something about REO that brings me back to being 15. Good times! Should I be embarrased that's on there?

2. Love Remains The Same - Gavin Rossdale

Such a good tune. And I was a big Bush fan too. (The BAND, people! Get your minds out of the gutter!)

3. Layne - Aaron Lewis - WCCC Live at Planet of Sound.

I love Aaron Lewis' (he of Staind, of course) voice even though I don't always care for the songs he does. This is live and unplugged and its pretty cool, but I have to admit, sometimes I skip it when it comes up.

4.
Zoo Station - U2

You can never go wrong with some U2, but, like Aaron Lewis, I find I skip their songs sometimes. I think I have to be in a certain mood.

5. In the End - Linkin Park

Frankly, I'm not sure why this band's not MORE popular. They have so many great songs.

6. Allentown - Billy Joel

I have tons of Billy Joel in my phone and I think, for the most part, his music holds up great. Perhaps its the stories he tells in them. Plus it brings me back to college. Good times! Isn't so much of music nostalgia?

7. Hole Hearted - Extreme

I'm a sucker for good guitar work and Nuno Bettencourt never disappoints. I guess he's playing in Rihanna's band now. Interesting.

8. Falling Away From Me - Korn

Like Linkin Park I'm surprised this band doesn't get more accolades. They're cool in that they get their darker sound from use of tuned down 7-string Ibanez guitars.

9. Rock and Roll Aint Noise Pollution - AC/DC

AC/DC needs NO explanation. And don't you dare hate on them or its "go time!"

10. Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Another guitar-based band I enjoyed back in the day. I don't mind rocking out to them once in a while (and I LOVE playing their songs) but I do skip over them too.

Well, that's it. I'm surprised Creed and/or Shinedown didn't come up since I have tons of their stuff loaded. But I typed what I heard.

Your turn.




3 kind commenters:

Misfit in Paradise said...

Korn and Linkin Park were my two favorite concerts. I am not sure if I am going to buy tickets to their Mayhem Festival this year or not, but seeing Korn come out with its 4 drummers, well that is hard to pass up.

Radioactive Tori said...

I love everything on your list except U2. I just can't like them, as much as I have tried.

My recent favorite song (meaning the one I put on repeat in the kitchen and drive everyone in my house crazy with) is If You Only Knew by Shinedown. Love them!

NouveauBlogger said...

MIF: Oh, I didn't know Korn did a 4-drummer thing. I saw Genesis do that years ago with Phil Collins and Chester Thompson (I think that was his name) in dually drum solos. I thought that was pretty cool.

R-Girl: Awesome! Shinedown's my favorite band right now. I've been listening to them for about 5 years after I got hooked on the song "45".