BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

A New Year's Resolution

I was kind of miffed when I never heard back from my neighbor who fell off his roof. I heard from different neighbors that the family was grateful and all that, but to me that doesn't mean a hell of a lot.

I saw his wife out and about numerous times. His grandson also lives with them since he goes to college locally. Both have seen me around my yard or washing my car or walking the block. Never heard a thing.

Well, come New Years day the old timer knocked on my door. He wanted to thank me for my assistance and apologize for how he spoke to me that day. Apparently, he was in the hospital for 6 weeks and now was weening himself off pain medication. He broke his back and was reduced to using a walker. Also got a concussion and a leg injury. Of course, I told him I was glad he was getting around now and wished him a speedy recovery.

He smiled and shook my hand twice. Said he wanted to get the new year off to a good start.

Well he did. Its all good by me.


2 kind commenters:

Radioactive Tori said...

That is great! I had been wondering what ever happened with him.

NouveauBlogger said...

Well, there you go :)