BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ring, Ring

My ring-tone for my wife's calls is Baby's Got Back by Sir-Mix-Alot.

Stop. Before you incriminate me, she picked it and thinks its hilarious. And, while my baby certainly has some back, which I enjoy immensely, she doesn't have tons of pa-dunka-dunk in the trunk so as to be sloppy. So its all good.

Except, however, my phone does find it necessary to ring me during times when that song could be, oh, shall we say, a tad embarrassing? Like in the office. Or another's office.

Last summer, I came back to the bench during a co-ed softball game and was asked by one of the most incredibly fit women I've ever met (fitness competition chick, ex-college runner, etc.), "So Nouveau, you like big butts, huh?"

In addition, I had that ring-tone long before that national commercial where the guy meets the girl he used to date and wants to convince her he's matured now, just as the phone rings playing that song. I think its a cell phone provider commercial but I couldn't find a link for you all.

Wait! Based on that commercial, does that mean I'm immature? Of course I am. Because while searching for a link, I found this. Pretty funny.


3 kind commenters:

Radioactive Tori said...

I think that is very funny! I love that your wife thinks it is funny too!

I chose a ring tone for my husband without thinking what the song said. I chose Hush by Deep Purple because I like the song. He laughs about it, which is good, but other people look at me funny when my phone sings hush and then I say "oh it's my husband".

In other inappropriate ring tone news, my general tone is Too Drunk by Buckcherry. It went off at an assembly at my kids' school. I should probably change that!

Skeeter said...

Oh my. I saw a YouTube of some guys singing that song for the Bushman World Ukelele Contest. It was a scream.

Best wishes,

Skeeter

NouveauBlogger said...

FYI R-girl: My regular ringtone is Back in Black, by AC/DC.

Skeeter: On Ukelele???? Holy cow. I gotta find that!