BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 5, 2009

2008

Well, that year's done. Gone. Kaput. A pretty good one though.

Holy cow does time fly. But then if I think of were I was at this point last year, it seems so long ago. One year ago I was in my last month of dealer school. Now I'm a seasoned part-time dealer. For the most part, I still like it. It really is the BEST part-time job I could think of.

At this point in my life I feel like I'm in a good place. Work has been much less stressful than it was years ago. I don't get the overtime I used to, but more staff and less work coming through the doors makes my day much easier to deal with and plan through.

Financially, we're in a much, much better place. Less debt, more income and better spending discipline creates tremendously less worry than the alternative. I hope in 2009 to continue the progress we've worked so hard for this past year.

I'm loving each and every moment I spend with my at-times difficult 6-year-old. While I do find myself shouting perhaps a bit more than I'd like, I have the ability to step back at times when she's being tough and laugh; out of her view, of course. Its part of the package and years from now I'll look back on some of it fondly. Plus, she has the uncanny ability to frustrate me to damn near the breaking point, then say something so incredibly endearing, or funny, or sweet, its nearly tear-jerking. Really, all we want for her is to be a happy child who morphs into a happy adult. I think we're on target at this point.

My relationship with wife is quite strong I feel. We had some problems a few years ago but worked through them and most recently have been moving in a much more positive and constructive manner. While we've been working on it, communication could be better, but I love her more and more over the years. She's truly a remarkable woman on so many levels and I look forward to growing older, grayer and fatter together.

Okay. Maybe not fatter. Hopefully this time next year, I can look back and know I accomplished my marathon and lost a few in the process (I fear my readers think I'm a big fat sloppy mess, but I'm really not. At this time I'm 193 at 6' but I know I can be better). I am now 8 weeks into my little program, which leaves 39 to go. That sounds like forever, but the 8 weeks have flown by. While I have not done every workout on the assigned day, I have made up each and every one so I'm in good shape and on-target thus far. Goddamn, that treadmill can be boring though.

Anyway, here's to a great 2009 for all. Cheers!

2 kind commenters:

Radioactive Tori said...

Do you watch tv while you are on the treadmill? I do and if you watch the right shows, the miles fly by.

Happy New Year! I'm glad everything is going so well for you!

NouveauBlogger said...

I do watch TV, but I find I watch the clock/timer/mileage elapser thingy as well.

And thanks! Happy New Year to you as well.