BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Baby Weight in Men

Has anyone ever done a study on MEN gaining weight after having children? Obviously, many women gain weight during pregnancy and have difficulty losing the pounds afterwards. I think men do too, lol. When my daughter was born over 4 years ago, I was a lean, reasonably muscular 172 lbs. Now I am a doughey 188 (as of this morning), lol. The lifestyle changes necessary to raise a young child sure cramps into the workout routine, doesn't it? I think I've skied 4 times since her birth (used to ski about 8 times a year) and my mountain bike is a spider haven tucked into the back of the garage. And I don't even want to get into the number of planned workouts that were shot to hell because of some unforeseen parental responsibility.

2 kind commenters:

Radioactive Tori said...

My husband lost over 100 pounds when I was pregnant with the twins. I was proud, but also pissed. The first thing everyone said after they met the babies was "oh, you lost so much weight". To HIM, not to me! I lost all my baby weight, but apparently it didn't matter because I had never been overweight, just pregnant. (I am totally proud of him, please don't get me wrong, but his timing annoyed me). I think a good husband should gain weight with his wife so they both can work on losing it together after the baby is born.

NouveauBlogger said...

lol, funny... surprised you went back and posted on old posts, but I appreciate it.