BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Too Dangerous to Start With Politics?

I'm not Mr. Political by any stretch.....but I wonder......

If as a nation, we constantly elect politicians who "won't raise taxes" aren't we in for some really hard times in the future? I mean, the government still has certain expenses that continuously go up (as most expenses do eventually). They will have to still spend money and put our great nation further in debt which in turn means a higher percentage of our tax dollars pay for interest therefore reducing the amount of money available for government needs. No new news there, everyone knows that.

It seems to me, though, that every time the Fed reduces or freezes the amount of income taxes collected it merely means less money being channeled to individual states which in turn means less money for individual towns or counties or what have you. What must states/counties/towns do when they receive far less federal funds? Well, raise taxes of course! Either real property taxes, personal property taxes or income taxes (bear in mind I live in Connecticut). So we all pay the taxes still, it just isn't as noticeable from our paychecks. Yet we vote for the guy who doesn't raise them. I don't know, doesn't make sense to me.

I could also go on and on about the amount of money we spend building and rebuilding up other nations at the neglect of our own....but let's keep it light, lol.

0 kind commenters: