BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Bring Your Daughter to Work Day (Unauthorized)

Hopefully everyone had a safe and happy holiday weekend.....I did :)

My little one's daycare is closed for the week. I planned to spend today with her and have assorted family members watch her Wednesday through Friday. Work commitments/deadlines nixed those plans. Oh well......she's here with me today :). Good place to work too.

Knowing what a handle she can be, brought in a portable DVD player for her to watch. First, Mickey Mouse Christmas wouldn't work, so after much cajoling we agreed on a Care Bears movie. As I type this, she's currently pausing it every 20 seconds or so and reciting the upcoming dialogue word-for-word (or singing the songs). All WITH the appropriate inflection and emotion. Its really incredible to hear. Especially since when she has movies on at home she'll could be dressing a doll, telling a story, sitting upside down on the couch and eating apple sauce. All at once. Apparently, this superhuman multi-tasking ability also allows her to take in every detail of the movie as well. I always they were "white noise" in the background (God forbid you pause it or shut it off), but she's taking it all in.

Amazing. I wish I could have done that in college.

0 kind commenters: