BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 18, 2006

Xmas Shopping

Over the weekend I did the whole Christmas Tree purchase thing. You know, run out to some field, chop down some poor innocent tree, strap it perilously to the top of a car and pay $35 on your way out. Always sounds more romantic or nostalgic or whatever, but its really a pain in the ass. Plus, my kid blew a fit in the middle of the field like 700 yards away from the car - something extremely important like "I want this tree (which was about 18" tall). The whole time I'm thinking "Gee, if I came alone, I could have done this all in 10 minutes flat". But noooooo.....we have to find the "perfect" tree, lol. Well, we did in the end and it looks great in the house - so the familial assistance turned out for the better. Funny, too, years from now I'll remember it being such a nice experience (like the time we did it in a snowstorm). Plus it was like 55 degrees out, hardly a Christmas feeling, but sure beats a bucket of snow down the back of the neck while crawling around under the tree cutting it down.

Speaking further of Christmas, I have yet to purchase one gift. Every year I wait until the last minute (as does my boss giving out Xmas bonuses). Its not so bad but for the people that are done with all their shopping by Aug. 1 and are so proud to tell you. "Oh my God! You wait until when? I was done over the summer. I hate fighting the crowds, the lines." First, I've always been a "wait to the last minute person". Second, I think the crowds and lines put me in the Christmas mood (anger, claustrophobia, feeling impatient, lol). I'll get it all done this week, or even Saturday morning. No reason it will take more than four hours or so. I have most of my ideas already anyway and that's the hard part. Plus, if I went over the 4th of July weekend, there would be no sense of urgency and I'd just know I could find a better and/or less expensive gift later.....like, December 23.

0 kind commenters: