BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Ouch!

Well, my knee was about 90% healed and I went and thought it'd be a good idea to dive for a ball in the outfield. It IS the playoffs afterall. Well, bad idea.



It didn't hurt much at the time or really affect me the rest of the game. I even awoke the next morning to nothing more than some discomfort. But as the day wore on the swelling increased as did my pain to the point where the pressure was unbearable.



At about midnight, Thursday, I went to the hospital. This time I had to sit a bit and I was dying in pain. I simply could not get comfortable. Eventually I got the doctor's attention (so not my style) and they gave me some Percocet. Wooooeeeee! That shit works!



It didn't kick in, however, until AFTER the Xrays which were devastatingly painful. There's no break and no real damage. Just swelling. So they drained me. Anyone who's had to have a fingernail drained knows the relief of that feeling. Pain went from a 10 to a 3. Night and day. Thank God!



I'm recovering quickly but think my softball year might be over.



Here's a view right before they drained me. I'm not sure it does it justice.

7 kind commenters:

Radioactive Tori said...

That looks really painful! I am glad it is a little better now. Ouch!

NouveauBlogger said...

Yeah, before the drugs it was the most pain I've ever been in. The pressure was incredible. I'm moving around really wll now thanks to 3 days of RICE (rest, ice, compression and elevation) :)

Katie said...

OMG! That look so painful! You said the photo dosen't do it justice but... ouch! it looks bad. I think I would give up softball for awhile. Take care of yourself! Enjoy your rest and couch time. :)

Constance Burris said...

That is disgusting. Poor Noveau. I'm glad you're atleast feeling better.

NouveauBlogger said...

Oh God! Three days of basically sitting around was plenty. Actually, I'm going to play tonight and get a pinch runner when I get on. As long as I don't hit it on anything, I should be good to go (Mrs. B. thinks that's a bad idea, lol) Thanks for the kind words.

It was disgusting looking even moreso in person. Dr. said he never saw one swell so much, lol. And i was never so glad to see a big-ass needle go into me. What a relief!

minijonb said...

take it easy out there! if you over-do-it, we'll just have to laugh at you and not with you...

NouveauBlogger said...

Hey! You're the one who wanted a pic last time, LOL.

I played last night and survived just fine. Three more improbable victories and we are champions!

My other team is doing quite well too.