BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 20, 2007

Misc.

I just got back from lunch with my brother in law/best friend "T". We went to Hooters (barely down the road) and had a couple pitchers with our wings and sandwiches. It was a semi-working lunch actually. Surely, their food's not so great, but the scenery is not half bad. As a result of our indulgence, however, I have a nice glow on. Ever work with a buzz? Sure makes the afternoon more enjoyable. Having said that, its a slow Friday and I can't wait to get out of here to start my weekend.



****

Unfortunately, today I woke up to a scratchy throat. Mrs. B. has nursed a bit of a summer cold for a few days and I fear I may have contracted it from her. I didn't really get sick last winter and when I did feel something coming on I took "Airborne". Its an effervescent pill that tastes like grapefruit juice (a little) after being dropped in water; ala Alka Seltzer. It tastes like Fresca and I just downed one. Anyway, it works wonders for me and I'll swear by it in the future. Try it next time you feel a cold coming.

Fear not, it clearly states on the container "Created by a Second Grade School Teacher". If that kind of statement on your health products doesn't indicate high levels of integrity and quality, I don't know what does. Need pills for your ailment? What does a doctor know? Go see an elementary school teacher!

****

In other news, we had a major storm here last night and a tornado touched down about 15 miles away. To my Oklahoma friends that may not be a big deal, but its been a long time since there was a confirmed twister on the ground in these parts. I found it pretty exciting. Of course, it wasn't in my neighborhood.

****

Finally, for quite a while I've promised the Little One I would take her camping. We've camped in the living room before and lately she's taken to her new Strawberry Shortcake tent which has been set up there. But this weekend, its for keeps. The real deal.

While praying against tornadoes (weather looks to be fine) tonight I will pack our real tent, sleeping bags, comforters, board games, chairs, stove, grill, cooler, beer, instant coffee, wine, steaks, potatoes, corn, eggs, bagels, butter, plastic kitchen0-ware and beach supplies among the many other things I will no doubt forget. Then, tomorrow, after I return from golf (I can't miss that, can I?) we will trek the 40 or so miles to the Connecticut shore and hang out for the day before camping out for the night in one of the state park campsites. After which, we will spend Sunday at the shore for a nice holiday weekend even if not less than an hour's drive away.

I did a lot of camping as a kid and through high school and college and swore after I had the means, it would be only Motels/Hotels for me. Well, I have the means, but the Little One is all fired up for some camping and I can certainly handle one night of it. You could say I'm even looking forward to it. I'll just have to make sure I have plenty of reading material to fend off the boredom.

Unless one thinks I can talk Mrs. B. into wearing something slinky to bed? Hmmmm.....

4 kind commenters:

Radioactive Tori said...

That sounds like it will be a very fun weekend. Isn't it amazing what kids can get you to do that you swore you would never do again?

I have never been camping. My kids are dying to go. I bet a trip will be planned very soon for us now that everyone is old enough, and mostly healthy this year.

Can't wait to hear about your trip!

NouveauBlogger said...

hey! stay away spamgirl0917, ok? Thanks!

It will fun, R-girl :). Luckily I was able to find all (most) of my camping gear too.

Constance Burris said...

I'm glad you're taking or took your daughter camping. I bet she'll never forget it. WAs she scared to sleep outside?

NouveauBlogger said...

She wasn't scared too much...but as she dozed off asked "when are we going home to go to bed?"