BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 6, 2007

Competitive Eating

It seems like the latest spectator sport to catch on is competitive eating. No doubt you've heard or seen the annual 4th of July hot dog eating contests wherein this year Joey Chestnut upset the perenniel winner by downing 66 hot dogs and buns in 12 minutes while setting the new record.

I don't think after that I could ever eat another hot dog after such an endeavor, but in honor of that amazing accomplishment I thought I would look up a few other competitive eating records.
Here's a few interesting ones.

• 16-inch pizza: 19 slices in 10 minutes (Patrick Bertoletti)
• Birthday Cake: 5 pounds in 11:26 (Richard LeFevre)
• Burritos: 15 burritos in 8 minutes (Eric Booker)
• Butter: 7 quarter-pound sticks (salted) in 5 minutes (Don Lerman)
• Cheesecake: 11 pounds in 9 minutes (Sonya Thomas)
• Chicken Nuggets: 80 in 5 minutes (Sonya Thomas)
• Chicken Wings: 182 in 30 minutes (Joey Chestnut)
• Doughnuts: 49 (glazed) in 8 minutes (Eric Booker)
• Eggs: 65 (hard boiled) in 6:40 (Sonya Thomas)
• Hamburgers: 7 (3/4 pounders) in 10 minutes (Sonya Thomas)
• Ice Cream: 1.75 gallons (vanilla) in 8 minutes (Patrick Bertoletti)
• Mayonnaise: 1 gallon in 8 minutes (Oleg Zhornitskiy)
• Sweet Corn: 34.75 ears in 12 minutes (Crazy Legs Conti)
• Watermelon: 13.22 pounds in 15 minutes (Jim Reeves)
• Whole Turkey: 4.8 pounds in 18 minutes (Patrick Bertoletti)

Hmmmm.....lunch time yet?

Reference this site for MORE.

5 kind commenters:

Katie said...

OMG! Where do you put all that food?! And butter? Who eats butter like that! Crazy!

I guess you have to train... work up to it.

Katie said...

I couldn't do it.

Radioactive Tori said...

It is possible I could do the pizza one if I were really hungry. ALl the rest make me feel sick to even read about!

NouveauBlogger said...

I agree, Katie...the butter one and the mayo one are the grossest. The guy that one the hot dog one "trained" by eating 40 dogs at a sitting once a week.

Yeah, R-girl....I could eat serious amounts of pizza too! LOL

NouveauBlogger said...

I meant "won" of course (eyes roll)