BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Cape Cod

Late tonight, I embark and an annual trip to Cape Cod for a golf outing with roughly 35 other guys. Cape Cod, the easternmost part of Massachusetts, is quite a popular golf destination although its primarily a beach resort that inspires many great artists, novelists and writers as well as houses quite a few celebrities. There are terrific quaint towns and miles and miles of beaches and its perhaps nationally known as the epicenter of the Kennedys.

The heart of the Cape is about two and a half hours from my home although the first time I ever went there (that I remember) I was nineteen years old. Since then, I estimate I've been there roughly seventy times. I have two brothers that moved there about fifteen years ago so I have many, many fond memories of visits, golf outings, a few vacations, weddings and other assorted family fare.


The water is cold, the weather can be iffy, but on the whole its a wonderful place with old school charm. Be it shopping (they don't have a Wal*Mart yet), sight-seeing, golf, Cape Cod baseball (where excellent college players summer), water parks, fishing, biking or just hanging on a beautiful beach, there's something for everyone.


Have you ever been?

From space - Boston would be extreme upper left






Sunset on Nantucket Sound

Cape Cod National Seashore

Hyannis Harbor

(pictures "borrowed" from Wikipedia)

******

I will be playing Ballymeade, Cape Cod Country Club, Cranberry Valley (twice) and Olde Barnstable Fairgrounds if anyone cares. There's money to be won and I'm pretty much at the top of my game. Raining today, but weather looks to be perfect. Wish me luck!

8 kind commenters:

Katie said...

OOO. I want to go there.

NouveauBlogger said...

You really should :).

I can't imagine being as far from the shore as you are. I just LOVE the ocean too much.

Katie said...

Oh I miss it. After living in Spain, just a walk from the beach, and then in South Carolina... I really miss it. But a few years ago we went to the Outer Backs, NC and that was so great.

Katie said...

*Backs

Banks

duh! it's a stupid typing day

Radioactive Tori said...

Good luck!

That looks so beautiful!

NouveauBlogger said...

Oh, I love the Outer Banks. I think I've been 6 times (I read it as "banks" the first time, lol).

Thanks R-girl. I played well and the weather was spectacular. Back to work now :(

minijonb said...

I've never been to Cape Cod. Heck, I've never been to New England. I need to fix this problem.

NouveauBlogger said...

Indeed Jon....and the leaves have started changing. Beautiful time to come. I'm headed to Maine this weekend, I bet the foliage will be stunning.