BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Into the Wild

I've read very few books twice in my life (which seems weird because I will watch movies over and over again), but I have done so with Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer. I find it a haunting piece of non-fiction about the life of a young man that ends tragically while he was pursuing his dreams. Its the type of book that makes the reader (ok, me) want to learn more and more about the subject not unlike how I felt after seeing the movie Titanic.

Anyway, Sean Penn has handled the adaptation of the book into a movie (screenplay, directed) and I have every confidence he will do an extraordinary job as he is a special talent. The movie opens tomorrow and while I am past the age waiting on line to see movies when they first come out, I'll be sure to see it as soon I can.

Learn more about this story by checking out this very easy read (and check out Into Thin Air by Krakauer if you like it) or see the movie. I know nothing at all about the movie in terms of reviews but I'm guessing it will be a sleeper hit (if not award winner) in the vein of Brokeback Mountain. Let's see if I'm right.

2 kind commenters:

Katie said...

I picked up a copy months and months ago. I keep meaning to read but I just never have the time. But if you've read it twice then it has to be great. I'll move it up in my stack.

NouveauBlogger said...

I'd be interested in your outlook on it. You can probably read it in one sitting too.