BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

World Series

Yesterday, a Red Sox fan co-worker of mine and I were discussing tickets for the games. Apparently, some tickets for the World Series were being scalped as high as $7,200. I am a huge fan, but I would think that even if I had F-You money, I would never spend that much to see a ballgame that I could see on TV for free.

As the discussion progressed, I mentioned that I might spend as much as $300, though, if given the opportunity. Maybe it sounds crazy to some but to others its a pittance. Its certainly not a pittance to me, but its not a life-altering amount either and let's face it, World Series tickets are a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Anyway, I got a phone call last night from my buddy Dave. He has tickets available to him for $200 each. Naturally, we're going!

I don't know where I'm sitting yet, but look for me on TV tonight. I'll be the guy wearing the Red Sox cap.

*****

Edited thirty minutes later: Its unclear to me what happened but apparently they sold the tickets out from under my buddy for $400 each. Bummer :(

2 kind commenters:

Constance Burris said...

ahhh, man...

NouveauBlogger said...

Yeah, no kidding! But...it was a rainy and cool night and the Sox kicked ass. So its all good I guess :)