BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Tidbits

I went to Cape Cod again last weekend for a birthday party. Got up there late on Friday but Pizzeria Uno sat us at 11:20 for dinner. Good thing. We were starving!!


****

My Red Sox finished with the best record in baseball. Playoffs start tomorrow night and I'm nervous. There is no better nervousness than when your favorite team is going for the championship. That's what makes sports so great. Unfortuantely, it usually ends in heartache.

****

My New York Jets season, I'm afraid, is over. They lost to the Buffalo Bills last weekend and never should have. Now they are 1-3 and going nowhere. Sigh!

****

I listen to the radio through much of my day at work. I think they have only five commercials though. If I hear the one where the little girl announces she will be an alcoholic in 5 years because her parents don't give a shit, its going to drive ME to drink.

*****

This weekend I start a major home improvement project. I will be tearing down and replacing my very weary roof and installing two skylights since I have cathedral ceilings in my living room. Today I purchased most of the materials and the total amount actually came in lower than I expected. Here's to hoping all goes well and that my tennis elbow holds up.

*****

I'm totally Jonesing for a new car as mine is now up near 132,000 miles. Its been a great car and it still runs well, so I can't justify a car payment at this point but it doesn't stop me from looking. Perhaps a new, loaded to the gills Honda Civic SI.

*****

When I returned from Maine the other weekend I was troubled to find a garden hose had burst in my backyard. It totally flooded my patio and a tiny bit even got in my basement (flashback to March '07). I NEVER leave a hose on with the sprayer stopped but I guess I did this once. I think it ran all weekend. Sigh! That water bill, especially after filling the pool too, should be a treat to pay.

*****

I'm very slowly reading a rather lengthy and detailed biography on Joe Namath. He was the quarterback for the Jets in the late sixties. Its really quite fascinating and I'm learning so much.

****

I watched the beginning of the Bionic Woman last week but I fell asleep half way through. I think I lost interest when the producers decided not to use the "na-na-na-naaaaaa" as her bionics activate. Plus, I can't figure out why she's so pissed she's bionic. I would be psyched!!! I just received the first season of Heros on DVD. Looking forward to that.

****

My mom was doing awesomely when I visited her the other weekend. I'm cherishing the lovely weekend and hope she stays well as long as possible.

****

I have NOT seen any cars on fire in 10 days now. That's good right?

5 kind commenters:

Katie said...

sounds like for the most part things are going well. :) I'm glad. Too bad about the cars though, those make such great pictures for your blog :)

NouveauBlogger said...

Thanks Katie :) Didn't really know what to post, so I just threw something out there.

Radioactive Tori said...

I love the randomness in this post! I guess it is good that you haven't seen any cars on fire...but less to blog about.

NouveauBlogger said...

Exactly! lol

R-girl, I noticed you commented on one of my older blogs too....so thanks for that.

Constance Burris said...

That was a lot. I wish i was house handy like you.