BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Geo W. vs. Lalas

After homework and dinner The Little One and I settled in for some Xbox video games. While she is no doubt a girlie-girl, she can be so boylike when it comes to things like games and competition; and I love it.

Anyway, at about 9 p.m. it was time to wind down and we usually watch some television together until she falls asleep. There was nothing on and I was channel surfing and asked her what she wanted to watch. She suggested "soccer" and added that they were playing soccer in gym and that she "stinks" and wants to see how to get better.

How cool is that? So I started searching for some.

But then, a few channels later, there was a thing on National Geographic channel (I think) about George Washington. She stopped me there. "No, I rather watch that" she said.

I thought to myself that was even cooler.

She watched for a good half hour before finally drifting off after telling me how George Washington was our first president and that he was on the dollar.

It was a fascinating piece and I enjoyed watching the rest of it but can't imagine it holding my attention as a just-turned-six-year-old.

2 kind commenters:

Radioactive Tori said...

My youngest is very interested in facts. He has been watching informational tv since he was old enough to ask. His current favorites are Egypt, dinosaurs and reptiles. When I was little, I would not have played with him because I would have been bored! Your daughter sounds a lot like my son...wanting to watch things she is interested in over kid tv.

NouveauBlogger said...

At least then she was. Other times, she's perfectly content with one of her 10 million kids movies, LOL.