BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Grizzly Adams

Often when I have a series of days off from work, like my stay-at-home vacation of early July, I will not shave as long as I'm not expected to dress up or go out. Its a good chance to give the ole mug a chance to rejuvenate and let's face it, sometimes it feels like I'm shaving with a rusty butter knife day after day.

However, when I went back to work after the last vacation, I merely cleaned up the edges of the beard but kept it. In the past, I've worn a goatee for a bit in the winter-time but quickly got sick of it. Normally, I don't like having facial hair as it comes in with hints of red and gray around the muzzle like an old Labrador retriever not to mention the constant fear of stray food particles dwelling in there. That, and, Mrs. B. has generally preferred me to be clean shaven.

She likes it though.

A co-worker of hers mentioned I looked good with it. Younger too. Mrs. B. said she liked the change and wanted me to keep it for a while because the thought it was handsome. Listen, I'm not Brad Pitt running around constantly being told how dreamy I am as I fight off pretty ladies with an oar. So if I hear it from two women, one being the wife, that's good enough for me!

Keep it I will. Once the Mrs. is sick of it, I'll get rid of it. But for now.....call me Grizzly Adams.

Now where's my pet bear, Ben?

5 kind commenters:

Radioactive Tori said...

Where is the picture?????? Come on! You are not playing fair with this one!

NouveauBlogger said...

I thought you were teaching your kids that life isn't fair? LOL

Radioactive Tori said...

Nice! Throw my own words back at me! You are right, but I'd still really like to see!

Katie said...

hahahaha. that's great. keep it and enjoy the attention. :)

NouveauBlogger said...

Thanks Katie...I will :)