BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 17, 2007

We Will - We Will - Rock You!

....thump, thump, crash.....thump, thump crash.....thump, thump, crash.....

My "other" softball league team won the championship game last night, 6 to 3. Yours truly had a good game in left field and hit ok to help the cause. Afterwards, there was a champagne spraying moment at the field. I've won championships before, but never got doused in champagne before. Unfortunately, it was purple Cold Duck and some of our fans may need to be reimbursed for dry cleaning bills. D'oh!

Also, some on the team saw fit to celebrate by drinking a few Mohitos in the pub afterwards. I don't know, but that just doesn't seem very "championship" to me. Beer does. Tequila does. But a drink with leaves in it? Probably not. I won't hold it against them. How can "thong guy" be judgmental of that, right? Of course, I haven't made them privy to that little story.

....there's no time for losers, cuz we are the champions......of the world!!!!

6 kind commenters:

Katie said...

LOL :) I love those things... but then I'm not a softball player so I guess its ok. But beer sounds good right now too :)

minijonb said...

woo hoo!!! congrats. and, yeah, it's gotta be a beer. and even though i love my dark beer like Guinness, you need a cold, light one to celebrate.

NouveauBlogger said...

Right, Katie -- Nothing like that cold Friday beer to kick off the weekend. You guys have had some intense heat lately, too, huh?

Also, right, Jon -- kept 'em cold and light. Guiness is good for that 1 or 2. But for a few more, and to keep 'em light and refershing after sweating for two hours, got to go with the Macro-Brew (lite, of course).

Radioactive Tori said...

Thong guy! Too funny!

Congratulations! Did you at least have a beer?

NouveauBlogger said...

Thanks and yeah, I had a few. It was a good time!

Katie said...

It's been about 100 here for the last week! :( But we got some rain over the weekend so now it's 90 but feels like 115!