BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Its On!

I had my orientation for Foxwoods on Tuesday, got my snazzy uniform and begin my part-time dealer career tomorrow night from 8pm to 4am. Then next weekend I work those hours Friday and Saturday night, so I'm thrown into the fire.

I hate, really hate, learning new systems. For example the first day of school or new job. I'm sure others feel the same but at times I feel I'm the only one. I like that which is familiar to me. I like routine. Its where I find my comfort zone. Always have. I guess its my nature. Actual dealing tomorrow night doesn't make me terribly nervous. Learning their "clock-in" and "sign-in" and break schedules and where to report in that huge place does.

The current employees there have figured it all out, I'm sure I can.

Wish me luck.

Want to know something cool? They feed us there. Free. I can snack every break, which is 20 minutes every hour; sodas, salads, sandwiches, coffees, bagels, cereals, etc.. Plus, I'm given one free hot meal per shift; the above plus a carving station, rice, hamburgers, hot dogs, baked ziti, chicken, etc. Its the same food from their public buffet so its really good too. How many jobs do that for their employees. Having said that, they didn't make it sound too easy for me to get time off for my Disney trip in May. Gee. I'm a card dealer, not a surgeon. Oh well.

2 kind commenters:

Radioactive Tori said...

How awesome that you get free food! So you will be making money and also saving money by not having to buy food while you are there.

I'm thinking good luck thoughts for you getting into your routine so it all seems familiar to you fast!

NouveauBlogger said...

Yeah, I don't have to buy my own meals while I'm there. There's a lot of talk of the "Freshman 15" for dealers too, because we have so much down time, lol. Another place I think I really save money is the money I spend going out on Friday and Saturday nights. Making money instead of spending it. Sounds good to me :).

Thanks for the good thoughts too!