BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 3, 2008

Yak!

I barfed!

Vomited. Threw up. Yakked. Hurled. Ralphed. Puked. Upchucked. Prayed to the porcelain god (technically I didn't). Blew chunks. Booted. Heaved. Spewed.

Yep. Hey, how's lunch?

Friday night after a friend's birthday party.

In my father-in-law's driveway.

In the snow so that it was there for him the next morning when he was snowblowing.

I believe his quote when I got up was, "Who had the pasta?" complete with a shit-eating grin.

Simply put, I didn't eat enough. Been a long time since I did that. Grey Goose Vodka and Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice plus only three or four bites of appetizers is a recipe for disaster. Yikes! I'm a little embarrassed, but by no means devastated.

My father-in-law, being the cool guy that he is, followed up his "joke" with, "Its not the first time I"m sure it wont' be the last." I'm sure he meant that somebody barfed in his driveway or his property because I hope its the last time for me, but.........who knows? I've said that before.

On Saturday I swore I would never drink again but I deep down I don't really believe I'll follow through with that promise. I've broken it before.

Boy its been a long time since I felt like that. Mrs. Blogger (who drove of course) when asked if I did anything embarrassing at the party replied, "You got a bit loud at the end there. But, no, not really."

Yeah. I barfed. Oh well.

4 kind commenters:

Marisa said...

Oh, if I had a dime for every time I puked in someone's driveway only to have them joke about it later, I would quit waiting tables!

Skeeter said...

Ouch! The old Cosmopolitan can sneak right up on ya. Definitely the sort of experience that adds one to the "Note To Self" tally ...

Radioactive Tori said...

We have the flu here, and the side effects from either the coughing or the tamiflu seem to include vomiting in two of my kids. I cleaned up pasta puke in the middle of the night last night and it was spaghetti. Yuck! So the vivid picture you put back in my head was not so appreciated! Just the memory of the smell and cleaning it up makes me WISH they puked outside in the snow and not in the middle of the kitchen, family room, basement, etc.

I love that he had a sense of humor about it though! Now you know for the next time that you swear there won't be.

NouveauBlogger said...

Thanks for stopping by my site, Marisa -- and sounds like a lot of driveway hurling there, lol.

Skeeter - they were so good and tasty that they definitely snuck up on me. When I "note to self" myself, I should do it by Post-It to the forehead, because my memory is rather short.

R-girl -- sorry for the picture and all your cleaning! My inlaws (and wife for that matter) are great to just brush that off. I'm very lucky, lol.