BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow Day

With the impending "doom" of another (really our first) snow storm, I had a little talk with the boss yesterday about me possibly missing work today. Normally, not a big deal, but I was out Friday too since The Little Room was doing a periodic Linda Blair impression. No better boss exists than mine. Well, maybe those Google guys. Damn, their perks rule! Anyway, I honestly think that if any other firm offered me $10k - 15k more a year I wouldn't accept. Yes, I work very hard and am willing to bleed for the company. But, I'm sure its because he's the most understanding guy in the world. He merely asked what was on the books for the day and Thursday....said such-and-such could wait...asked if I could finish two other things before the end of the day (I could) and said "enjoy". Enjoy I shall.

Last night I was like a little kid. Singing in a nyah, nyah voice "no work tomorrow, no work tomorrow". I knew whatever we were going to get (more sleet than snow, but the roads suck I guess) was to be enough to shut Little One's school down. So here I sit in my lounging pants and a black t-shirt admiring my unshowered and messy hair along with my ever-graying chin stubble (getting old sucks) sipping a fresh cup of Joe and listening to the sounds of Noggin and crunch of her Honey Nut Cheerios fifteen feet away. To make my upcoming relaxing day even better, I got a movie (The Departed - can't wait) in from Blockbuster as well as episodes of Lost. So I'm all set. What a great day!

And people don't like snow. Shame.

3 kind commenters:

Steven said...

I still hate snow. Sorry. Even a day off work couldn't pursuade me. ;)

Steve~

Katie said...

I love snow. love it. and I love the snow days. It's snowing here right now, as I type, very soft and almost not there... until you really look. it's beautiful.

I almost called into work today too.

NouveauBlogger said...

I do too, Katie....I completely understand warm climate people not liking it, but I love it! Don't get me wrong, come March I'm ready for spring, but I love it in the winter.....just changed over to big soft flakes here too.