BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Valentine's Day

So, tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Flowers. Candies. Dinners. Lingerie. Jewelry. Hearts. Cards. Printers.

Printers?

Yeah.

Last week I did the good husband thing ordered live (not cut) flowers and some chocolates to be sent to Mrs. Blogger at her work. Not only because its the right thing to do, but also because her co-workers seem to have heels for husbands/boyfriends, so Mrs. B can bathe in a jealousy bath. She likes that and its cool with me. Hopefully, my order will get there tomorrow as the forecast is for a big ole Nor'easter snowstorm. Twelve to eighteen inches!! Finally. Taking The Little One skiing for the first time this weekend too. Cool! Stay tuned.....

Anyway, last night we went out for dinner a bit of shopping. She picked out a nice skirt and some semi-sexy sleepwear. That's the appetizer for Valentine's.

What she doesn't know is, I will head out tonight (hopefully before the snow) to find a real nice photo-quality printer. Is that a lame gift? I KNOW she wants one and I did the whole expensive jewelry thing at Christmas.

Reading Whitey's Blog got me thinking about other potentially lame Valentine's gifts. Some mentioned there were:

  • Scope
  • McDonald's gift card
  • Pajama Gram
  • Name-a-Star
  • Vacuum
  • Bowling Ball
  • VT Teddy Bear

Actually, I've done two of the three. Eek! Can you guess which ones? I'll wear the Scarlet "L" for Loser.

I came up with a few more I'll be sure to avoid. How about these gems?

  • Cleaning supplies
  • Wiper blades
  • Cheese of the Month Club
  • Crock Pot
  • Charcoal-Lined Fart Filter Panties
  • Weight Loss Pills
  • Nair
  • Feminine Products

Any other ideas? What have you gotten? Given?

I guess the worst gift could be nothing. Or is it?

7 kind commenters:

Amazing Gracie said...

I think you've done a pretty good job weeding out the "not-so-good" stuff! And if you did the Teddy Bear and the PJ Gram, you're not a bad guy at all. If your lady wants a printer, you're A-OK.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I read the great things you write for Katie and just wanted to visit you, too.
~~~Blessings~~~

ZZZZZZZ said...

Good job, sending the fresh flowers to her work... nice! I hate the snow. I think it wouldn't be so bad if I could stay indoors but I must get up extra early tomorrow... not only do I need to be at work an hour early, I must get up earlier than that just to make sure that I make it by 6:30 instead of 7:30. Mornings suck! Bring on the heated blanket and sleep!

Constance Burris said...

Yep, the flowers at her work is a big plus. Let them all swim in jeleousy. I'm sure i'll be drowning in jeleousy tomorrow. Maybe i'll stay home. not to get off topic.

NouveauBlogger said...

Hmmm....so nobody had any ideas I might have missed? lol

Gracie --

Thanks for visiting :)....yeah, you guessed the right ones, lol....and the Teddy Bear was Mother's Day, lol

Sheila --

We got more sleet than anything and its still going....Little One is out of school today, so I have a day off from work to watch her. Could be worse!

Kahnee --

Yeah, thanks. I'm hoping they get to her through this weather though.

Katie said...

I think a printer is a great idea and the flowers is really nice too. Someone just walked past with flowers for someone and I have to tell you... I'm a little jealous.

I guess not getting a Valentines from a loved one sucks. guess what my husband did this year? he didn't even get a gift that sucks.

NouveauBlogger said...

Oh crap...that does suck

Katie said...

LOL