BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 18, 2008

Quick Stop Movie Reviews

In my not-so-tons-of-free-time I've been squeezing in some movies. Although I don't care to review movies here any longer I've seen a couple recently that I think are excellent. Juno and The Kite Runner.

The Kite Runner is about some Afghan guys and their families and really shows how people are people. No matter where their from. Its touching and sad and extremely well done.

Juno is smart and funny and touching and sweet as well. From Juno:

Receptionist at Women's clinic: Would you like a free condom? They're boysenberry.
Juno MacGuff: No, thanks. I'm off sex right now.
Receptionist: My boyfriend wears them every time we have intercourse, it makes his junk smell like pie.

And later in the movie:

Juno MacGuff: ...and the receptionist tried to get me to take these condoms that looked like grape suckers and was just babbling away about her freaking boyfriends pie balls! Oh an Su-Chin was there and she was like, "Hi babies have fingernails." Fingernails!
Leah: Oh, gruesome. I wonder if the baby's claws could scratch your vag on the way out?

I'm in a silly mood today and that movie still has me laughing.

See it. Its short (96 mins) and sweet and you'll enjoy it. The former is more deep, but excellently done and worth the roughly two hours for sure.

2 kind commenters:

Radioactive Tori said...

I am DYING to see Juno. I heard it is hysterical.

NouveauBlogger said...

Yeah, it really is :)