BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Two Old Ladies Walk Into a Restaurant....

I was in Wendy's enjoying how well I'm sticking to my diet (NOT!) and reading the manual for my new car because I HAVE to know everything there is to know about cool stuff I buy (stereos, TVs, cell phones, cars).

There were two incredibly cute elderly women at the table next to me. One leaned over and asked if I had bought a new car. Of course I said yes and told them what kind in answer to their next question. They were very happy for me and very sweet in their congratulations.

The one that asked me turned to the other and remarked, "See? That's why young people know so much about things. Because they read."

As if being young was a prerequisite for reading manuals and learning how things work.

The second sweet old lady leaned over and told me, "My husband died 2 years ago right after we bought a new car. I just figured out that the button on the key unlocks the door!!! I've been putting the key in and turning it."

Not sure one need the manual to explain that, but they were just so adorable I just had to smile.



5 kind commenters:

Radioactive Tori said...

I love exchanges like that with kind adorable older people.
I never read the manual for anything...maybe that is why I still don't really know how to work my camera and take advantage of all the special features it has.

NouveauBlogger said...

Is it a woman thing? My wife would never read it either, unless she had a specific question and had to reference something.

Radioactive Tori said...

I don't know if it is a woman thing, but I would ask my husband before I would read the manual. He would probably know, because despite the fact that he never reads directions for putting things together, he does read manuals.

NouveauBlogger said...

And, that......is a GUY thing, LOL.

Skeeter said...

Yes, I believe it is a guy thing. Reading the manual is the course of last resort. At least it is for me ;-)