BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 21, 2008

What Typo Grammar We Talking About?

Sometimes I'll re-read an older blog of mine, particularly if my hits counter shows a hit from one. Of course, I notice typos and grammar issues.

I've just noticed the one below I have a "their" in place of a "they're". Believe it or not, I do know the difference and when I read others that make the same error it bugs me a little.

I think its a matter of rushing through the typing and then when I edit not really "seeing" it, per se. But! Once that post is over and its been commented on, I don't go back and fix anything. Never. I leave them all "as is".

I'm not sure why I won't but I think its because every post can be re-edited in some way and I don't want to fall into that trap.

So, please forgive my blogging indiscretions but I'm not as dopey as they may come across at times.

UPDATED 12 MINUTES LATER: Ok, this is kind of weird. I said I don't edit my post and here I am updating it. Then its a blog partially about grammar. So I was cruising blogs after posting and noticed at Atomic Zebra's he had a rating for his blog so I checked out the link and I rated junior high school level.

I guess that's good.

5 kind commenters:

Radioactive Tori said...

You know what I hate? Is when I believe my blog makes me look dumber than I am. I type quickly and make spelling and gramatical errors just because my fingers are not as fast as my brain. When I read it, like you are saying, I don't notice it. What I hate is when someone emails me and tells me of my error. I mean I like it so I could fix it if I want to, but I hate that someone has noticed the error and maybe thinks I made it because I didn't know it was wrong. I generally give people a pass on their blog, figuring any errors are made for the same reason I make them. I also don't always notice the errors like I do when checking my kids homework!

minijonb said...

my rule is that i will only edit a post or comment once. after that, i just can't bother anymore! my OCD will have to relax for a bit...

NouveauBlogger said...

R-girl: Exactly! But nobody email me, LOL. But that was my point. I KNOW what it should be, but I type very fast and frequently I don't have the time I'm dedicating to blogging.

Jon: Good rule :)

Skeeter said...

I love that rating thing. It helps keep things simple and moving along, you know? Consider any logging indiscretions forgiven, sir. May need the favor back meself one of these days ... nudge, nudge, wink, wink ...

NouveauBlogger said...

Thanks Skeeter - so funny I noticed it directly after blogging about grammar.