BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What's Happening to Me?

I remember the dizziness. It came about in a matter of seconds. One moment I was standing in my kitchen recuperating from an exhausting leg workout at the gym, the next I was clutching the counter-top for balance as I fell one knee on the area rug fronting the sink.

My wife and child didn't know what to make of this. They witnessed their never sick man of the house fall to all fours and vomit uncontrollaby. I simply couldn't summon enough energy to get my head above the edge of the sink and throw up in there where it could at least be washed away easily. Instead, plans for a new rug were in the works. But what was happening?

I vomited again and again and again. Sweat formed on my brow, my gut cramped and my throat burned even as my body attempted to evacuate a now empty stomach.

After a few minutes, I gathered up enough energy to get to the bathroom. Nothing more was to come out however so I commenced to brushing my teeth so I could lie down until this incredible, horrible feeling was over.

What happened? How could this come about when moments earlier I merely felt a bit bleh? I went from zero to 100 in like 90 minutes. What possibly could have.......................

The fucking Taco Salad from Taco Bell! It had to be the Taco Salad. I stopped at Taco Bell on the way home from the gym!

I missed work the next day. Something I've done (for illness) maybe 3 times in almost 20 years. I didn't eat or do anything but sleep and drink water the whole next day. By nightfall I felt much better.

This was March, 2006. I haven't been back there for a meal since.

Until........today. I had lunch at Taco Hell. Keep me in your thoughts!

3 kind commenters:

minijonb said...

May the Taco Hell gods be gentle on your soul... and stomach.

Radioactive Tori said...

I am not sure if I have ever eaten there. I don't think I have and now I think I don't want to!

NouveauBlogger said...

Thanks Jon -- Day 2 and all is well.

Actually, R-girl....to be fair....I've eaten there a zillion times before and never had an issue, lol.