BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 8, 2007

So far.....

The insurance guy came out to the house yesterday to basically show us the passage on our insurance policy that says "you're fucked if water comes in from outside". Funny, I missed that the first time I read it and you'd think the F word would have stood out more.

In any event, he really didn't have to come out as I was pretty sure and prepared they would deny the claim, but I guess that is The Traveler's idea of "customer service". Oh brother. Nice guy at least, according to Mrs. Blogger.

Anyway, after I told the repair guy to hold off on the repairs of my damaged TV, I talked to my brother-in-law about the new ones since he has been researching them for a while. Plus, I know he'd be very thorough. He gave me a top 10 list but Best Buy and other places had them for about $1799 and up. I really, really didn't want to spend so much.

So I went off to Wal*Mart with the intention of comparison shopping vs. Best Buy and Circuit City on other models. They had a few nice TVs but I didn't want to just buy one without reading reviews and such. As I was leaving the electronics section I spotted a cart with some plasmas on it. Two of them were the number 4 TV on the list and the price was way lower! I couldn't believe my eyes. I LOVE Wal*Mart at times....if only there were never any Wal*Mart-type shoppers there. Anyway, the guy that assisted me said the TVs were sent to his store by mistake and were only supposed to be available online. It wasn't even on display! So I bought it impulsive guy that I am.

You know? Everything just seemed to fall into place about it and the timing was right, so I went for it. Had to charge it, so that sucks. Afterwards, I read all about the TV online (if I read shit about it, I'd simply return it). Review after review raved about it.

After I got it home and set it all up I saw that it really does have a great picture. I love it and thoroughly enjoyed it last night. I even found information online as to how to set the tint, contrast, etc for optimal picture which worked like a charm.

Mrs. Blogger likes the TV but thinks I should have held off on the purchase. She's not a slave to technology like I am. Of course, she's right but I do tend to lose my mind when it comes to that stuff so I'll just have to tighten up the belt (or get real lucky in Las Vegas) and pay it off as soon as possible. Our joke was the weekend "dining out" will now be more Wendy's than Ninety-Nine. Little One doesn't care anyway and we all love us some Frosty's!

Then later, to properly break her in I watched You, Me and Dupree (sans surround sound, but I'll live for now). I had heard really good things about it, but found it to be just an ordinary little comedy. A few chuckles, but nothing great.

I rate it an "eh".

Oh, the TV sits up on a stand which is up on a console I built. Gonna take a HELL of a lot more water to get this one!

4 kind commenters:

Katie said...

Congrats on your new tv. sounds like you got a great deal. that's fantastic! :)

haven't see that movie but I really don't want to...

NouveauBlogger said...

Yeah, it is great...and thanks

I think its one of those movies you just forget you saw, you know? It wasnt' bad/wasn't good....just kinda there, lol.

ZZZZZZZ said...

I need a new TV. I'm broke though. Glad someone got one! hehe

NouveauBlogger said...

lol....yeah, me too....but I still have to pay it off