BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 9, 2007

Easter Weekend Wrap-Up

Had a nice little weekend. Here's how it went:

Friday:

Woke up early so I decided to go into work so I could get out early if stuff was in order. Spent most of the day setting up my new work computer. Its such a hassle to transfer all the work related documents, data-bases and programs (still doing it today). However, this new PC is so much faster and nicer. Also, it has the new Microsoft Vista Operating System. Its taking me a bit to get the hang of some aspects of it, but I will be fine. Loving the flat-panel screen and all the extra desk space.

Things went well and it was quiet there, so I was able to bug out of work by 2, hit the driving range on the drive home and spend a few hours with the family before I was off for poker night. Came in 6th out of 29 I think. Didn't earn any money, but earned points toward the end of the year tournament. I'm playing pretty well. Got home real late though at about 1:10 a.m.

Saturday:

Got up early again because I was golfing in the afternoon and wanted to get some stuff done around the house prior to going. Planned to clean and do some yardwork, however, I only ended up making an apple pie (I am kind of learning to cook a few things) for Easter Dessert. Spent lots of time chatting away with Mrs. Blogger so before I knew it it was time to head out to the course. I've been practicing well so I expected to play well but didn't. I played ok, shot 89, but I can be so much better. I keep reminding myself its early but I'm a bit disappointed in my game. Going to have to keep working hard. Having said that, it was cold and windy too - about 42 degrees. So that's my excuse for now. Spring's arrival is sure taking its sweet-ass time this year.

Came home in time to shower and dress quickly as we were off to a 40 year old birthday party for a friend. It was in a little Mexican Restaurant that turned into a Karaoke bar at 9. I was driving, so I had to soberly watch many of my idiot friends, who swore up and down at 9:15 they wouldn't do it, make fools of themselves a few hours later. Ah! Margarita's, Corona's and a microphone. Good times!

Mrs. Blogger drank way more than normal for her and was pretty funny belting out Melissa Etheridge's "Come to my Window". That's out of character for her, but she was quite lively (which she always is, but moreso liquored up) and we really did have a blast. Then I poured her into the car where she stayed since she refused to go inside her parent's house to pick up The Little One. They suspected the reason why she didn't come inside to pick up their granddaughter and had some good laughs about it the next day.

Easter Sunday

Again, awoke early (can you tell I'm tired today?) to get some yardwork done (cleanup, trimmed, raked, etc.) showered and changed to go to the In-Laws for Easter dinner at about 1pm. Rather intimate affair this year (there were about 10 of us) but it was very, very nice. My apple pie was great and the Little One used excellent manners and listened well, so we were very proud parents. Mrs. B was hung over as was her sister who was also in attendance the night before, so they were rather subdued.

In spite of how shitty she felt, Mrs. B. wore stay-up, thigh-high, stockings to dinner (Rowr! Rowr!). However, she was cursing them by 2pm or so since "stay-up" is merely packaging propoganda. The things women do for their men! Funny, too, how stockings at mid-thigh are hot, but down around the knees they become the exact opposite of hot.

Anyway, an enjoyable Easter. We were even able to watch a bit of the Master's after dinner (Tiger didn't pull out the victory) before heading home at about 7 so I could eat more (as if I needed to) and watch the Red Sox beat Texas 3 to 2. Of course, I was dozing off in the 8th inning at around 10:45.

That's it. Quiet enjoyable holiday weekend.


4 kind commenters:

Constance Burris said...

it is cool that you are learning how to cook with your wife

NouveauBlogger said...

Thanks Kahnee....I'm kind of on my own until I need to find something...for instance, cinnamon, flour, pie plate, etc....I just don't know my way around the kitchen or pantry.

But then, she probably wounldn't know where I keep the drill-bits either, lol.

Radioactive Tori said...

"Funny, too, how stockings at mid-thigh are hot, but down around the knees they become the exact opposite of hot."

That really cracked me up! So true, but also so funny.

NouveauBlogger said...

Yeah, it is isn't it? lol