BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Slammed

I've been slammed at work this week as I usually am this time of year. I haven't even had time to think about what to write let alone sit and write something. At least I was authorized for overtime. So I have that going for me.

Perhaps someone I'm dealing with at work will piss me off and grant me inspiration to write. Stay tuned.


***Updated 6 hours later ***

I have a slightly unusual first name. Its one everyone is familiar with but not so common that if someone calls my company and asks for me by first name alone, the receptionist (du jour around here) will have trouble knowing who they want (no, its not Lars, or Gunther, or Kermit, or Wolfgang).

Anyway, I was giving a woman information so she could call me back about a matter of importance.

"....and your name?"

"Nouveau"

"Do you have a last name?"

Long pause as I think about answering "No, I'm like Madonna or Cher or Fabio or Slash or Pink or Jewel or Sinbad or Prince or Flea or Charo or Sting or Beck or Bono or Liberace (ok not like him) or Seal or.........

Yeah! I'm THAT important!!"

But I didn't. I wanted to, but I didn't. "Blogger" I said.

4 kind commenters:

Radioactive Tori said...

Now I am totally dying to know your name. I hate when people do this to me! (kidding)

NouveauBlogger said...

lol....then the authorities and creditors will know where to find me (kidding as well)

Katie said...

lol.

when I answer the phone at work I say 'Thank you for calling the blank beep beep this is Katie.'

the person on the other end of the phone always calls me 'Candy'

Candy like I'm some greased up pole dancer in a g-string. Candy.

I know I don't say Candy... and to me Katie doesn't sound like Candy. I've asked my coworkers and they don't know why this happens. Maybe it's just a bad phone line or something.

sorry you mentioned you name and it got me thinking about it again. :)

NouveauBlogger said...

Candy definitely sounds like a stripper name, doesn't it? lol

I'll be sure not to call you that.

Maybe you need to start really dragging your name out when they call....

"This is KAAAAAYYYYYTTEEEE" lol