BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 2, 2007

Painful Memories

Yesterday I was doing a bunch of stuff around the house. One chore I wanted to accomplish was to move my wood pile (I have an outdoor fireplace) from beside the shed to behind the shed. I found it a bit of an eyesore. Well, I had been storing other eyesore-type stuff behind the shed, so I had to clear all that away first. Then I had to modify the wood stand I made to hold the firewood so that it would fit how and where I needed it to.

Part of what I had behind the shed, from an earlier project, was a section of stockade fencing and some posts. So I thought it'd be a great idea, so as to not be an eyesore for anyone, to install the fencing 4' away from the back of the shed. When finished I could store the wood inside and other crap, like gardening stuff, in the area I created. Nice and tidy and neat -- just the way I like it. And I'm sure my neighbor to the rear, with the meticulously maintained pool and backyard, would like it too.

So as I'm putting the last post in (which was too tall and would need to be trimmed later) I had to use my new aluminum "Little Giant" ladder (Xmas gift courtesy Mrs. B) which I set up as an A-frame. I needed it to get above the post in order to hammer it down. Well, it must have been the dirt caked on my boots that caused me to I slip. My foot went inside the rung and inside the ladder which caused my fall to be awkward. I fell backwards and out but my lower leg stayed fixed and upright. Dammit! I NEVER fall. My leg got twisted weirdly and hurt like hell. I mean, it REALLY hurt. I hobbled inside leaving all my tools and stuff outside. After contemplating it for an hour I decided (along with Mrs. B's persuation) that I needed to go to the Emergency Room where I learned (after over 3 hours) that I cracked my fibula. Broken leg! They tell me I will be laid up for 8 to 12 weeks with a cast. I MIGHT be able to walk on the cast the last two weeks. All this JUST as golf and softball season are about to start too! So we're talking mid-July before I can do ANYTHING and then I'll need to restrengthen the leg and all. Here I sit in my office with my right leg in a cast nearly crying at what a wasted summer I'm going to have!!

So what am I going to do now? This sucks! I mean its TOTALLY going to ruin everything! I've already paid for my golf pass for the year, for Christ's sake! I'm really bumming that I'm not going to be able to do all the April Fool's!!!! Yeah, sorry! I know its late. I didn't fall and I didn't get hurt. I didn't have to go to the hospital. I did install the fencing and it looks great but since I completely forgot yesterday was AF I thought I'd throw one out here. I once fell like that and broke my leg when I was eight, but not this past weekend.

I DID get a sliver though. And it smarts!

9 kind commenters:

ZZZZZZZ said...

That is just awful! Sorry to hear about the broken fibula! Must be very very painful. I broke my arm when I was four... but luckily I can't remember the pain... only how much I hated the hospital.

NouveauBlogger said...

Hmmm...I think you didn't finish reading the post Sheila :)

Katie said...

I almost believed you! You horrible horrible tricky person you! I was feeling sorry for you about your lost golf pass. But I laughed in the end so it's ok. :)

NouveauBlogger said...

Ok good....you know, I NEVER April Fool's anyone! Thought I'd give it a shot.

Constance Burris said...

Yeah, i believed u. I didnt read teh end because i was already practicing my sympathy speach and then i read katie's comment and oh.

You are a great writer. I totally believed it. i take my sympathy back.

minijonb said...

wait, wait... how do i know your entire blog isn't a big April Fool's Day joke? it's all made up, isn't it?

= ; - )

NouveauBlogger said...

I'm actually feeling a little guilty over that post....lol

Sorry Kahnee...I tend to practice my comments a bit too....great writer? why thank you :)

Thanks for visiting minijonb....hmmm....maybe you're onto something....be quite the scam since I started this blog in Dec, eh? lol

Radioactive Tori said...

You stink! I totally fell for it and was feeling really sorry for you! Oh well, glad you are ok.

NouveauBlogger said...

I'm laughing, but I DO feel badly now, lol.