BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend Update

Our weather has finally broken into spring! Highs near 80 on Friday, over the weekend and into today. About friggin' time!

Therefore, Friday night I went to Home Depot to get some items I needed for the work I planned over the weekend. It took awhile plus I needed gas and beer. Got home in time to watch the Red Sox play the Yankees and make a great 8th inning comeback to win! Woo hoo!

Saturday morning I got up very, very early to get a run in before I went to play golf. Alarm buzzed me at 4:45! VERY proud of myself. Did three plus miles in which I saw two deer down the end of my road, showered and went to the course an hour before tee off to work on my game. I thought I found where the problem has been with my swing but it only lasted the front nine. Shot 44 then 50! 94 total! Argh! I should be in the mid 80's not mid 90's! Oh well. I'm trying to have fun still but feel pretty frustrated out there.

Came home and immediately got to work on installing a new decorative retainer wall along the front of the house among other yardwork. That took up a good chunk of the day. Showered up in time for Red Sox / Yankees game at 4pm. Another great win thank you very much!

During the game my sister-in-law called because she wanted to take the Little One overnight. Fine by me! So Mrs. Blogger and I decided to go out for dinner. First we called friends of ours to join us but they weren't around so we went to a nice little place we go to maybe twice a year. Surprised to learn the restaurant was having a comedy show in the lounge. Perfect! When we walked into the lounge who was there? The friends we called! More perfect! They were with other friends as well. Four couples. None of them go there very often either. What are the odds we go that particular night?

Anyway, we had a blast! The comedians were quite funny. We also had lots of laughs about Mrs. B's low-cut blouse. The women commented a few times about "them" much to Mrs. B's embarrassment. The guys noticed too, but didn't comment as much. She's not huge by any stretch, but they're nicely sized and I think the "presentation" made for even more. That and a good bra which I learned if from Silky's from the lenthy conversation the women were in.

I, of course, didn't mind the "attention" she got at all. On the contrary. I always enjoy "showing her off" as long as it's sexy but not slutty. It was tasteful in my opinion. Having said that, Mrs. Blogger is pretty modest and the attention from friends made her self conscious. She wouldn't care so much about strangers but with friends it was different. "I wore it for HIM, not all of you!!" Funny stuff.

The evening flew by. This place's bar usually shuts down at midnight but they stayed open until 2 a.m. for us. In Connecticut that's the latest allowed by law. Apparently we were spending plenty of money and tipping well. The bartender and manager even hung with us and had some drinks. They even treated us to a few rounds on the house. Alas, I was driving so I took it easy but everyone else got pretty lit up. My buddy's wife even left early (he stayed!) because she drank too much. Fun, fun night!

Then on Sunday morning, after sleeping in a bit, I fired up the mountain bike and went for an hour jaunt! Its been years since I rode but quickly remembered how much I missed it if not how out of shape I've gotten. I banged up my knee in a little spill but had fun and got a real good workout. I will try to make that my Sunday morning routine. I can go alone, but I'd love to find someone with whom to ride.

When I got back I finished the wall, did some landscape planning, planted some new plants, washed the car, went for some Chinese takeout and got home in time for....you guessed it....Sox/Yanks on ESPN at 8!! Sox won. Again! I really like this team!

Nice weekend. I'm going to try to make it a habit.

4 kind commenters:

minijonb said...

uggh... you've reminded me that i need to fit in more time for a workout.

good thing you got in the time for the ride.

NouveauBlogger said...

Yeah, I know how that goes minijonb. I'm just trying to make it more of a priority, you know?

Radioactive Tori said...

Sounds wonderful!

NouveauBlogger said...

It was, thanks :)