BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Conference II

We had our second parent/teacher conference for our little first grader. Things were WORLDS better than last time. I mean incredibly different in every way imaginable. All for the better. So we were very proud and confident The Little One was progressing well.

Should we be concerned, however, that her teacher rather regularly has misspellings and grammatical errors in her monthly flyer? The latest was a hand written poster thingy about snakes where she mentions how they "breath" where it should read how they "breathe". So, its not really a typo.

And in my kid's world, teachers trump parents knowledge-wise. Eventually, I'm sure that willb e the case. But not YET!

2 kind commenters:

Radioactive Tori said...

My son had a first grade teacher that sent home a weekly newsletter. It was FILLED with spelling/grammar errors. The first few times I figured it was just that she was busy and they slid through. After that I cringed and realized she really didn't know. It all worked out fine, he was only in first grade but if I saw it in an older child's teacher, I would probably say something.

I'm glad it went better! Kids change so fast that I feel like a conference is only good for the very most recent behavior. When I taught Kindergarten, I had kids that had a great conference and then a few weeks later I was needing to call the parents about things. Same with the ones who had not so great conferences and then I called and told the parents a bunch of great things. Either way I am glad it went well!

NouveauBlogger said...

Thanks, yeah that's exactly it! And, funny too, that I have a typo in my post about her errors, lol. I think I'll leave it.