BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

24

I went and did it again! I started fresh with yet another season of 24. Of course, its serial television requiring one's undivided attention for a minimum one hour per week. Very difficult for me. In the past it was a little easier because Fox would re-show it over the weekend. They don't that anymore. Shame I enjoy it so much because my history shows I have NEVER finished a season. Oh in January or February, I'm all pumped up. I live Jack Bauer's life as the world becomes perilously close to doom, as he heals from knife wounds and other assorted injuries in a matter of hours (the show takes place over one day, of course) but I never get to share his ultimate victory.

Funny how terrorists and Jack are all on the same 24 hour schedule, lol. If the bad stuff starts at say, 6 a.m., it will be sure to be resolved about that time the next day. And, while he is terrific at saving our country or the world, he doesn't have particular good skills at saving wives, presidents, colleagues, innocent by-standers or, or course, assorted bad guys. Very fun though. No one is immune to loss of life or loss of loved ones. To my knowledge there are no characters left from season one, except for Keifer Sutherland's Jack Bauer.

We started with the two hour premiere on Sunday night and then another two hours of dedication last night. I'm in deep now. Can't just fore go my four-hour investment now, can I? Last night even ended with a nuclear bomb going off near L.A.

I must reschedule workouts. I must keep the Little One occupied and entertained. To wit --

"I'm watching a daddy show right now so stay upstairs with the Strawberry Shortcake video, ok honey"

"Ok daddy. [pause] Because there are bad guys on TV daddy?"

[Guy gets shot in neck]

"Yes. Shhhh....I can't hear"

But to what end? Can I make it through another season? Come May 10, when its nice and sunny, will I be motivated or remember to tape its because I have a softball game? I doubt it. If I miss a week will I be able to research that lost episode on the Internet and watch the "previously on 24" part and find satisfaction? I usually lose it about then. When a show becomes an "effort". But I don't have a "show". Know what I mean? Nothing to call my own or look forward to or talk about at work. I'm not all that into American Idol once the sucky singers are weeded out (feel like I'm the only one). There's no sitcom I look for on a particular night, although I did see 30 Rock the other night and laughed my ass off. [Note to self: find out when and where 30 Rock is on]

So, 24 is it! I can make it! I can do it! Stay strong! Jack Bauer may need me.

Shit.....Red Sox will be on TV in early April.....I'm doomed!

0 kind commenters: