BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 4, 2007

Three Things on My Desk

Three (semi-)interesting things on my desk (among many):
1. Batman Coffee Mug: Alas, it is no longer used for coffee. Just water. Also, its not cleaned nearly as often as it should be. I know....ewwwwww. Also serves as paperweight when opening clipped folders and as a source of amusement for my boss's 7-year-old son. Whenever he's here, he makes a special Mecca-like trip into my office merely to gaze upon it. He's even gone so far as to photocopy it. This kid has it BAD for all things Batman. Not me so much....it was $1.99 at the cheapo card-shop next door and I needed a mug.






2. Picachu Toy? Hello Kitty? Anybody? What the hell is this? Anyway, since we are in a client-serviced business, frequently clients will bring in small children for appointments. We have a big bin of toys to occupy the kids, or in last week's case, my kid. She left this here for me. Upon examination, at one point it used to wind up and do something. But no more. Apparently, its days of doing dog and pony shows for the Man are over without explaination. Oh, it winds. It winds and winds and winds and winds. Perhaps some day it will suprise me with a trick or two but now it seems content to stare at me with those alien eyes.




3. Red Sox/Dunkin Donuts 2004 Championship Mug. Well insulated and still 1/2 full of tepid coffee. I've been known to nurse a cup of coffee to lunch. Serves as my primary vessel for shipping coffee from home to work. Usually gets cleaned in between trips. Perhaps if I didn't violate it by drinking out of it and sending it periodically through the dishwasher it would be a collector's item and I could make $10,000 on Ebay in the year 2055. I guess I don't plan ahead well.





What's on your desk? Anything interesting? Funny?




0 kind commenters: