BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 12, 2007

Poor, Poor David Beckham

David Beckham is getting $250 million over five years to play soccer for the L.A. Galaxy? Soccer?!?! They're kidding, right? Will the L.A. Galaxy even gross $250 million in the next five years? I'm sure its an endorsement-laden contract but that's a shitload of hair-gel, razors, luggage, car rentals or whatever to hawk. I just don't see how they'll recoup that kind of scratch! And for soccer? What is that, the number 8 sport in the U.S.? I bet more people watch poker on TV than soccer (cards are on pretty much 24/7 now aren't they?). Face it, Americans are just not that into soccer. They might be interested in Beckham as a sideshow (isn't he married to Whorey-Spice or something?) but are they going to tune into some oblivious cable channel to watch a 1-0 game on a Saturday afternoon? I doubt it and I don't get it. Maybe I'll tune it in for a few minutes sometime....see what its all about.....but I bet I end up channel surfing over to celebrity poker and see how James Woods is faring against Gabe Kaplan, lol.

Then again, instead of watching poker maybe I should be kicking a ball against the side of the garage.....you never know....that IS a hell of a lot of money!

0 kind commenters: